Hey, Bald Dudes ... Wear a Hat in Mozambique!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2017, 09:05 AM
Hey, Bald Dudes ... Wear a Hat in Mozambique!
So, I saw the back of a bald dude's head and thought I was going to read an article on an upswing of skin cancer in Africa.

Silly me. Dodgy Laughat

Nope. Just a ludicrous tale of yet, another wacked out superstition which even a seven year old might question.

Yes Sir-ye-Bob, there's gold in them thar heads! Thumbsup

Oh also, Albinos is in the area may want to seriously think about emigration ... evidently "body parts for ritual purpose" is the next new now.
Perhaps, I should alert my broker.

Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2017, 09:50 AM
RE: Hey, Bald Dudes ... Wear a Hat in Mozambique!
I didn't think the Albino thing was new- thought that had been an issue for quite some time.
[+] 4 users Like Emma's post
07-06-2017, 09:58 AM
The albino thing has been well known for some time, but gold in your head? Bloody hell , what a bunch of loonies.

I used to work for a company that had offices in Kuala Lumpur and if you spoke to any of the guys there, they'd bang on about shape shifters/demons and all sorts of random garbage. How do places like this still have such crazy superstitions ?

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
07-06-2017, 09:59 AM
(07-06-2017 09:50 AM)Emma Wrote:  I didn't think the Albino thing was new- thought that had been an issue for quite some time.

Yea - that's a report from February.
The question is: why do these people clutch at absolutely any outlandish claim and carry it to the ultimate end? Is someone just sitting around, deciding who they hate this week and then, make up shit to have his hate-of-the-moment be killed off?

It seems like it is a different "thing" every month. And it all involves gaining some kind of fortune! It incentivizes murder.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
07-06-2017, 10:35 AM
(07-06-2017 09:59 AM)kim Wrote:  The question is: why do these people clutch at absolutely any outlandish claim and carry it to the ultimate end?

Kimmie, I would like you to meet an old friend enemy of mine, Religion. Religion - Kimmie. Dodgy

(I actually wanted to visit Mozambique, because of the Portuguese...)

Her mother is from Mozambique and his from Cabo Verde...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
07-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I have an albino friend, and the whole magical albino thing is really old. Thankfully, he doesn't travel to areas that think his body is magic, but apparently these discussions happen often among albinos.

Maybe it's just me... Let's pretend bald men are rich as they say. So he's going to open his skull and store his gold there? Aren't pockets a lot more convenient?
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
07-06-2017, 12:52 PM
(07-06-2017 10:35 AM)Vera Wrote:  Kimmie, I would like you to meet an old friend enemy of mine, Religion. Religion - Kimmie. Dodgy
---

Well, I know that. Dodgy Laughat

The thing is, it keeps coming up - seemingly, out of the blue - such extreme ideas and superstitious notions are associated with good luck/bad luck and can only be administered to by "religious" activity. It's utter insanity.

As we all well know, religious people don't consider anything about religion to be a superstition in any way. They don't seem to see the forest through the trees. Would it even be at all possible to convince an indoctrinated person to NOT believe such dumbfuck things?

As well, superstition is very often seen to be entirely innocuous - horoscope, anyone? Can superstition be shown for what it can often be - a dangerous distraction? And can it be eradicated, when it is as ubiquitous as religion?

How can something be stopped when those involved are only able to see the disease as the cure? Shy

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
07-06-2017, 05:53 PM
This. This is why Africa is fucked up.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
07-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Superstitions are the same as religion - people don't know the reason for something so they make it up.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-06-2017, 01:36 AM
I think that religion/ritual is all about WWE and these people are obsessed with Dustin Rhodes aka Goldust

[Image: file_254421_0_goldust.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes TheUnholy's post