Hey, Bald Dudes ... Wear a Hat in Mozambique!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2017, 02:51 AM
RE: Hey, Bald Dudes ... Wear a Hat in Mozambique!
(07-06-2017 12:52 PM)kim Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 10:35 AM)Vera Wrote:  Kimmie, I would like you to meet an old friend enemy of mine, Religion. Religion - Kimmie. Dodgy
---

Well, I know that. Dodgy Laughat

The thing is, it keeps coming up - seemingly, out of the blue - such extreme ideas and superstitious notions are associated with good luck/bad luck and can only be administered to by "religious" activity. It's utter insanity.

As we all well know, religious people don't consider anything about religion to be a superstition in any way. They don't seem to see the forest through the trees. Would it even be at all possible to convince an indoctrinated person to NOT believe such dumbfuck things?

As well, superstition is very often seen to be entirely innocuous - horoscope, anyone? Can superstition be shown for what it can often be - a dangerous distraction? And can it be eradicated, when it is as ubiquitous as religion?

How can something be stopped when those involved are only able to see the disease as the cure? Shy

I know it's mostly down to "education" on people not being idiots over there, but I think part of it must be them thinking "That's so crazy....it MUST be true".

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2017, 08:38 AM
RE: Hey, Bald Dudes ... Wear a Hat in Mozambique!
How much do you think we can get if we crack open Chas's skull? Consider

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply