Hey Girl, what happened to all your cash? I got sued for stealing a foot!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2011, 12:07 PM

Tongue Hey Girl, what happened to all your cash? I got sued for stealing a foot!

Medic Sued For Swiping Foot From Crash Victim
Firefighter-paramedic admits she took foot from scene of St. Lucie crash
By BRIAN HAMACHER (NBC Miami)
Article

Of all the things a medic could steal from an unsuspecting patient. Wallet, car keys, cash from the pockets, jewelery. Nooo, Ms.Genius see's his feet and says to herself, I want one!
[Image: 13.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2011, 12:47 PM

RE: Hey Girl, what happened to all your cash? I got sued for stealing a foot!
Quote:"[Economou's act was] outrageous and went beyond the bounds of decency...was odious and utterly intolerable in a civilized society," the lawsuit reads.

Really?? I think her explanation makes sense. I don't see the big deal really. Did the guy want to keep it in a jar? There's actually an episode of Six Feet Under where someone steals a foot from a cadver maybe that's different? Meh the bitter guy will get some $ and ruin a persons life in the process. Hope that brings his leg back. whatever.
08-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:"It was an unrecognizable mass of flesh," Economou said. "It wasn't a clean cut. You couldn't even recognize it as a foot....If I had thought it was somehow reattachable and usable, I would have gone to my commander."
Was it really reattachable/usable? If it wasn't, which seems to be the case, I don't see what's the big deal.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2011, 01:50 PM
That's no way to get a-head Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
08-03-2011, 06:04 PM

(08-03-2011 01:34 PM)Kikko Wrote:  
Quote:"It was an unrecognizable mass of flesh," Economou said. "It wasn't a clean cut. You couldn't even recognize it as a foot....If I had thought it was somehow reattachable and usable, I would have gone to my commander."
Was it really reattachable/usable? If it wasn't, which seems to be the case, I don't see what's the big deal.
The big deal is, it wasn't her foot. Detached or not from it's owner, it's not up for grabs.
It's not like it's a dinner where one person has left a lamb chop on their plate, and the person across from them poses with their fork at the ready while saying, are you going to eat that?
08-03-2011, 06:35 PM

I guess I'm not so much condoning the actions of the women, but what's done is done, she's no longer working for them so why sue? It was wrong, but in the end no harm was done.
08-03-2011, 08:55 PM
I do see the point in using human tissue to train a dog to find bodies but the method she used was wrong. Seriously , you can't find human tissue at a medical clinic/morgue ?

As for the guy suing , what's he gonna sue for , honestly ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
09-03-2011, 07:44 PM
He's suing just to get money. None of the rest of the story matters. It's an opportunity for a free money grab.

As far as her taking it, I think that was just a case of the stupids. Yeah, it might seem like a good idea to you at the time, but really, shouldn't you ask SOMEONE first? It's someone's foot for crying out loud. You cannot has. Not yours.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
09-03-2011, 08:40 PM
LOL - human beings are weird !

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
10-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:The big deal is, it wasn't her foot. Detached or not from it's owner, it's not up for grabs.
It's not like it's a dinner where one person has left a lamb chop on their plate, and the person across from them poses with their fork at the ready while saying, are you going to eat that?
You're right, but what would have happened to the lump of flesh if she would have done what she was supposed to do? Even amputated body parts are burned/thrown away as hospital waste. I highly doubt that the victim would have ever heard of his foot if he wouldn't have found out that the medic took it.
I have no idea what they did to the remains of my fingertip after it got into a plane, and I don't even care. The remains of a leg is a little different of course.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.