Hey.... Guess what? Got swatted!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2015, 01:58 PM
RE: Hey.... Guess what? Got swatted!
I've read both your threads about this, people do weird things for weird reasons sometimes.
The thing is, something I can't quite put my finger on, just doesn't ring true about your story.
Maybe I'm wrong, sorry if I am, but I don't buy it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
04-02-2015, 03:51 PM
(04-02-2015 01:58 PM)pablo Wrote:  I've read both your threads about this, people do weird things for weird reasons sometimes.
The thing is, something I can't quite put my finger on, just doesn't ring true about your story.
Maybe I'm wrong, sorry if I am, but I don't buy it.

Nothing wrong with being skeptical. It might seem "off" because it seems odd for this group to target what would be a minor nuisance to them so aggressively--and then to show up all of a sudden on a form making these claims, we have no history by which to base a decision to trust these claims or not.

But sometimes people just do these sorts of things just to be vindictive, and sometimes a target of these tactics has no other outlet to vent to. My replies upthread would not change regardless of whether the claims were true.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
04-02-2015, 05:55 PM
(04-02-2015 01:58 PM)pablo Wrote:  ... I don't buy it.

Nor I. The level of vindictiveness is off scale; way too much energy and involvement of multiple people to an extent that breaks real laws in retribution for nothing more than a publicly expressed criticism, something that must occur hundreds of times daily by others. There's much more to this account than is being revealed (much more).

Or much less.
04-02-2015, 06:30 PM
If nothing else his story shows that many of us are willing to believe what he says without any evidence and we do this willingly because the claims are well within the realm of possibility.

People on YouTube do get doxxed.
Employers have been contacted by people and do engage in trying to get people fired.
People do vindictively call the police and make fake police reports.

All of these things do happen, so every part of his story is believable so at the present time, we are taking his word for it.

I've heard of people who have tried to get Thunderf00t fired from his job, but no stories of anyone reporting him to the police. Thunderf00t has a huge following and this OP is an unknown to me, so with Pablo, I'm skeptical about story.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
05-02-2015, 11:45 PM
I've gotten pretty much all of this on film and my boss recorded the harassing phone calls but I'm unwilling to post any of it because it reveals my personal information and that's been done enough as is by other people
06-02-2015, 09:55 AM
(04-02-2015 05:55 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 01:58 PM)pablo Wrote:  ... I don't buy it.

Nor I. The level of vindictiveness is off scale; way too much energy and involvement of multiple people to an extent that breaks real laws in retribution for nothing more than a publicly expressed criticism, something that must occur hundreds of times daily by others. There's much more to this account than is being revealed (much more).

Or much less.

Perhaps I'm the reverse of skeptical. The level of vindictiveness people are capable of never ceases to amaze me. ISIS just burned a man alive in a cage so some nut harassing a guy over the internet is quite possible. I guess I see the glass half full when it comes to human nature and capabilities.

We all tell something about our lives on this forum and no one can verify if our stories are true or not. Not unless we want to expose our private lives on the internet, and I don't.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Yeah I am unwilling to DOX drop myself just to prove that this happened
06-02-2015, 11:51 AM
(03-02-2015 11:57 PM)Peanut butter bullet Wrote:  So this is part 2 of the bullshit that from the last thread I posted..
Tonight at about 9 p.m. Eastern time the police showed up here saying that I was beating my girlfriend... Someone called the police saying that they were one of my neighbors and that they could hear me beating my girlfriend when the police showed up I was actually just leaving my apartment three cop cars lights blazing and it became blatantly obvious to them that nothing had occurred, I then inform them about the issue that I had been having at my work about people calling and complaining and I even got my boss on the line it took them about 10 minutes to figure out that not only was I not beating my girlfriend that the whole thing was a prank the funny thing was that my girlfriend was at her moms house which is three counties away at the time that this happened I'm just happy that it happened just as I was getting ready to go to the grocery store for some cigarettes

As I was reading this, I couldn't help but wonder if it was going to be that his GF was a screamer and he found the G spot.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
06-02-2015, 01:34 PM
Oh, she's not a screamer, she did hit me with a pillow once during the act