Hey! I have a question!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2016, 11:54 AM
Hey! I have a question!
Hi, I'm a university student in South Carolina! I have an assignment for my English class to ask all of you lovely people for any help, information, or comments you have to my paper I am writing! The approved questions for my paper are: Why is atheism so misrepresented in university in the south, and what does this say about the control that Christians possess over education in the Southern States?
I'm having a hard time coming up with some information on this topic, so any help is appreciated! Thank you so much!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: Hey! I have a question!
Welcome to TTA.

Doesn't the second part of the question answer the first part?

I guess you could write about the 'Misinformation Effect' and how memes spread (i.e. viral ignorance).

Good luck with it.

Yes

25-09-2016, 01:37 PM
Welcome, I suspect fear of repercussions after a complaint play a part.
25-09-2016, 01:40 PM
If the loonies are in charge of the madhouse the sane keep their heads down.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
25-09-2016, 02:47 PM
Information may be easier to come by if you choose a specific university, or several in different states. Then you can go to their website and peruse their course offerings. There will usually be an outline, and a profile of the instructor giving the course, as well as the assigned textbooks. Each of those can then be followed up for their credentials. This may get you some way toward what, but not why.
However, the persons presiding over each university may very well have other appearances, say on You Tube, and published writings, so you can show their affiliations to churches and interest groups.
That's the hard, scholarly way to go. The easy, sloppy way is to find out what leverage high-profile political preachers have on a university board.

(PS Not everyone likes to be addressed as Hey!)

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
25-09-2016, 03:50 PM
Bart Ehrman seems to do OK there.
It's evolutionarily *group forming* ... demonizing the "other''.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.