Hey! I'm Hanna!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2016, 01:29 PM
RE: Hey! I'm Hanna!
HeartHeartHeart
Hello everyone! Thank you so much for the kind welcome! It really warms my heart to have such a friendly reception! It really means so much to me. Happy Thanksgiving from Louisiana!

If the pope went to Zumba class, then he may be eligible to spend eternity in my special unicorn mountain kingdom. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like hannaskywalker's post
24-11-2016, 01:42 PM
Welcome! Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
24-11-2016, 01:47 PM
Welcome! ^^
[+] 1 user Likes AnaBunny's post
24-11-2016, 04:36 PM
(18-11-2016 02:39 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Gave you a rep point right away, as I too am a former Southern Baptist and I know all too well the indoctrination and social pressure you have to overcome in order to step into the light of freethought.

Welcome to TTA. Hope you find a home here. Smile

Thanks! Everyone is so nice here!

If the pope went to Zumba class, then he may be eligible to spend eternity in my special unicorn mountain kingdom. Cool
[+] 1 user Likes hannaskywalker's post
24-11-2016, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2016 07:03 PM by Aractus.)
(18-11-2016 01:41 PM)hannaskywalker Wrote:  I am looking for ways to add to the conversation and find people who have had similar experiences because it's difficult being a woman and living around a lot of people who believe in God when I don't anymore.

Welcome Hanna. I'm not a mental health worker, but reading this blog post of yours I can't help but offer a couple of thoughts.

I am extremely disillusioned with and sceptical of almost anything in psychology. I don't say that lightly, there is so little really known about the causal nature of mental health issues that it does concern me. If you followed evidence-based practise for everything in that field, I don't see how many people would ever receive effective treatments beyond what they can get through other avenues.

That said I do know that some theories work really well, but it is something I worry about a lot. Here's a link to a video you might find interesting (I imagine given your background you may have seen it).

Actually, come to think of it you might find my own latest blog post on DrPhil/Shelly Duvall interesting. I'll make a thread about that shortly; but yeah it was quite appalling.

I just read your de-conversion story - thanks for sharing!

And again, welcome!

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2016, 07:51 PM
[Image: raw]

(Yes I'm quite drunk)

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-11-2016, 12:39 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-11-2016, 01:15 AM
(24-11-2016 01:29 PM)hannaskywalker Wrote:  HeartHeartHeart
Hello everyone! Thank you so much for the kind welcome! It really warms my heart to have such a friendly reception! It really means so much to me. Happy Thanksgiving from Louisiana!

I live in Missouri, now, but I'm a half-Cajun from Louisiana. Smile

My mom's a professor at LSU-A (Alexandria), and I went to highschool in north Louisiana (Ruston), as well as to flight school in the same town (at LaTech), but I got my degree from McNeese State in the southwest, where my mom's family are from. I also lived a summer in the Vieux Carré of New Orleans, pre-Katrina. My sister lives in Baton Rouge and my brother near Lafayette.

KingsChosen is also from La (BR area), so you're in good company.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-11-2016, 01:38 AM
(25-11-2016 01:15 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  KingsChosen is also from La (BR area), so you're in good company.

Fixed Tongue Hehe... now to wait until KC sees this Evil_monster

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-11-2016, 12:45 AM
You just crushed my soul, MD.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post