Hey, I'm new. Heard there's sandwiches here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: Hey, I'm new. Heard there's sandwiches here
(10-05-2017 06:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  Welcome. Though I am afraid Fireball ate all the good sandwiches. Drinking Beverage

Blush I'm just a growing boy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
10-05-2017, 08:05 PM
Hello! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
10-05-2017, 10:25 PM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forum. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
10-05-2017, 11:18 PM
Pleased to meet you, iaresee76! Pull up a chair. Just made a batch of egg salad, or I can do up a pastrami on multigrain rye.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
10-05-2017, 11:39 PM
Hello, welcome.

A friend in the hole
"I'll be back when I want it...not when I need it." - Hawkeye
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
10-05-2017, 11:48 PM
Welcome, new guys buy the beer.

*knock knock*
Care to talk a bit about atheism with us? Big Grin Tongue

Sorry to hear your marriage was the price of being intellectually honest with yourself.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
11-05-2017, 12:01 AM
(10-05-2017 04:34 PM)iaresee76 Wrote:  I think there's a line in Shakespeare that goes '...since brevity is the soul of wit, I'll be brief..' but likely just end up rambling. I'll try to give the broad strokes here. Canadian, early 40s now and once was a line toe'ing , true believin', door knockin' faithful JW up until about 35 yrs of age. I was a poster boy well on the way up the ranks and devoted my life and energy to this religion. Served in many capacities of responsibility. Also, I was married 15 yrs to a lovely woman (also JW) which ended as a casualty to my conscientious decision to leave the faith. This also extended of course to the only social circles that I had at the time and my large family who are lifers to the cause. Went through a lot of cognitive dissonance and embraced a lot of reading and research about my own religion and the nature of belief. I now consider myself an atheist through and through. A Skeptic at heart. I have agency and true freedom of thought and belief, should I choose it. Been listening to the TTA and just discovered this lovely forum. Looking forward to engaging with you all. Cheers!

It must have been a sign from Shakespeare himself to give me the inclination to stop writing about him in a paper du in 8 hours and check the forum. Just kidding! Welcome aboard.
[+] 1 user Likes SomethingWitty2's post
11-05-2017, 01:47 AM
Welcome, thanks for sharing Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
11-05-2017, 01:59 AM
(10-05-2017 04:34 PM)iaresee76 Wrote:  I think there's a line in Shakespeare that goes '...since brevity is the soul of wit, I'll be brief..' but likely just end up rambling. I'll try to give the broad strokes here. Canadian, early 40s now and once was a line toe'ing , true believin', door knockin' faithful JW up until about 35 yrs of age. I was a poster boy well on the way up the ranks and devoted my life and energy to this religion. Served in many capacities of responsibility. Also, I was married 15 yrs to a lovely woman (also JW) which ended as a casualty to my conscientious decision to leave the faith. This also extended of course to the only social circles that I had at the time and my large family who are lifers to the cause. Went through a lot of cognitive dissonance and embraced a lot of reading and research about my own religion and the nature of belief. I now consider myself an atheist through and through. A Skeptic at heart. I have agency and true freedom of thought and belief, should I choose it. Been listening to the TTA and just discovered this lovely forum. Looking forward to engaging with you all. Cheers!

> You're the first ex-JW I've met on any atheist website. I look forward to hearing about your experiences in and leaving that religion. The JW's usually come to my door twice a year.
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
11-05-2017, 03:08 AM
No, I'm afraid this is the Dark Side. We have cookies.

[Image: darkside2.jpg]

Welcome to TTA! Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post