Hey, I'm new. Heard there's sandwiches here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2017, 05:40 AM
RE: Hey, I'm new. Heard there's sandwiches here
Welcome aboard! If there is sandwiches...I haven't been given any!

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
11-05-2017, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 08:03 AM by iaresee76.)
Hey thanks for all the welcome here. Its, dare I say, reminiscent of the love bombing you might get if you walked into a Kingdom Hall. I kid I kid. Actually if you did walk into a KH, you would. Until you exposed that you were heathensSmile this seems like a really cool place (the forum, not a kingdom hall). You can honestly make any jokes about JW. I'm not sensitive at all about it. Its part of who I was and in a way has informed who I still am. I've learned to compartmentalize a lot of that.
[+] 2 users Like iaresee76's post
11-05-2017, 09:47 AM
Welcome!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
11-05-2017, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 03:59 PM by iaresee76.)
(10-05-2017 06:26 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  [Image: ham+sandwich+blood+policy.jpg+jpg.jpg]

I kid, I kid! Tongue Hug

[Image: baby-sandwich-baby-sandwich-on-nom-demot...236570.jpg]

Welcome to TTA! Shy

I sent the sandwich decision image to my brother (who also has left JW) and we cannot stop laughing about it. Honestly their arbitrary stance on blood is just ridiculous and they have painted themselves into a corner with this issue. Along with so many others. Sadly, many lives have been lost as a result of rank and file JW's who blindly obey orders.
11-05-2017, 03:56 PM
(11-05-2017 07:59 AM)iaresee76 Wrote:  Hey thanks for all the welcome here. Its, dare I say, reminiscent of the love bombing you might get if you walked into a Kingdom Hall. I kid I kid. Actually if you did walk into a KH, you would. Until you exposed that you were heathensSmile this seems like a really cool place (the forum, not a kingdom hall). You can honestly make any jokes about JW. I'm not sensitive at all about it. Its part of who I was and in a way has informed who I still am. I've learned to compartmentalize a lot of that.

Where can I find me one of these Kingdom Halls? I wanna be love bombed. Is it something like a Moose Lodge or an Elks Club?

#sigh
11-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Welcome to the forum. Sadly I don't know any jokes about JWs. Sorry to hear that you lost so much of your old life with your beliefs.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
11-05-2017, 06:08 PM
A atheist Canadian who quotes Shakespeare! Heart Heart Heart

Could there be anything better that that?

I don't think so!

Welcome. And tell us more about your deconversion. It sounds interesting.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
11-05-2017, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 08:54 PM by iaresee76.)
(11-05-2017 03:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-05-2017 07:59 AM)iaresee76 Wrote:  Hey thanks for all the welcome here. Its, dare I say, reminiscent of the love bombing you might get if you walked into a Kingdom Hall. I kid I kid. Actually if you did walk into a KH, you would. Until you exposed that you were heathensSmile this seems like a really cool place (the forum, not a kingdom hall). You can honestly make any jokes about JW. I'm not sensitive at all about it. Its part of who I was and in a way has informed who I still am. I've learned to compartmentalize a lot of that.

Where can I find me one of these Kingdom Halls? I wanna be love bombed. Is it something like a Moose Lodge or an Elks Club?

It's really something to completely rework your paradigm about everything. Being so myopically involved with religion and now a total apostate on the outside. I laugh at a lot of it. Religious ceremony, for me , is just such so arbitrary. I'd say prolly as ridiculous as the Water Buffalo Lodge (watched a lot of Flintstones growing up). You'll walk in , get your ass paddled hard as you walk down the gauntlet and recite some drivel about the end of times and God's love of course. Always a nice apertif after making scathing denunciations about everyone who is 'not one of us'. (spoken in robot voice)

(11-05-2017 04:19 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Welcome to the forum. Sadly I don't know any jokes about JWs. Sorry to hear that you lost so much of your old life with your beliefs.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I look at the cost/benefit of the whole decision and one of the things i realized early was that if my relationships to all these people were really that fickle (for lack of better word) then what was I working so hard to preserve? It removed the individual component and I began looking at the group as a whole. From a sociology lens...it all started making a lot of sense to me. Much to my surprise, I was able to quickly form new friendships out there..in the scary world...and now have a pretty great social circle. Not contingent on my beliefs aligning with theirs. Who friggin knew that was possible?!! I come from a family of seven boys. I am the youngest and the bonus is that two of my other brothers have also joined the dark side. I figure thats more than a lot of people have so count my blessings. I"m musing to myself that I use the word blessings. heh.

(11-05-2017 06:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  A atheist Canadian who quotes Shakespeare! Heart Heart Heart

Could there be anything better that that?

I don't think so!

Welcome. And tell us more about your deconversion. It sounds interesting.

I fear my repertoire may be limited. I better use my quotes sparingly in the future Smile What's the character limit? hahah. Its usually the kind of conversation that starts with me saying...lets order a few drinks first. Where to start? 1984. I read that book again in my 30's and it started these very subtle, unsettling feelings and thoughts. Coupled with the fact I am a sign language Interpreter and worked a lot of University courses in various subjects like Psychology, Philosophy and Sociology that made a lot of inroads to my thought process. These were all coming at me sideways and not like a direct threat to my beliefs. I made my own connections and found once i started...couldn't stop following these thoughts to their conclusion. in a nutshell..i guess thats it. Basically after that I started looking at my religion with a very skeptical lens. The house of cards fell pretty fast.

I'm Canadian and will satisfy a trope about our manners. I'm sorry If I'm carrying on too much here.
[+] 2 users Like iaresee76's post
17-05-2017, 05:33 AM
(17-05-2017 05:05 AM)Bearahb Wrote:  Hello, I am also new to this forum, I will be glad to get acquainted and help))

You're not fooling anyone, Bearahb. You're just here for the sandwiches!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson