Hey I'm new.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Hey I'm new.
(19-08-2012 08:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 08:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Welcome, Dylan! Glad to have you aboard.

Geez, KC, you gotta stop being the first to welcome newcomers.

It's just unseemly for us to have a theist greeter. Shocking

He's the old guy at church who passes out the bulletins at the door and says hello to everyone as they come in.

Welcome, bored dude.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-08-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: Hey I'm new.
(19-08-2012 09:26 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 08:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  Geez, KC, you gotta stop being the first to welcome newcomers.

He's the old guy at church who passes out the bulletins at the door and says hello to everyone as they come in.

Yes... not unlike the oh-so-enviable-and-worldly job of WalMart Greeter. Dodgy

Well hi - LolFrostbyte and Joey - good to see you both here. Don't let the troll Theist at the door throw you off, we have all kinds of humans running around here - it's kind of a microcosm of the planet we're trying to build. I hope you both stick around - I'm sure you'll find a few things to interest you.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-08-2012, 09:44 AM
(19-08-2012 09:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 08:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  Geez, KC, you gotta stop being the first to welcome newcomers.

It's because I approve their messages Smile

But, they don't know I'm a theist. Plus, I always welcome newcomers Big Grin

Well, I still think it's unseemly. Grump, grumph, grumble. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2012, 09:46 AM
(19-08-2012 09:42 AM)kim Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 09:26 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  He's the old guy at church who passes out the bulletins at the door and says hello to everyone as they come in.

Well hi - LolFrostbyte and Joey - good to see you both here. Don't let the troll Theist at the door throw you off, we have all kinds of humans running around here - it's kind of a microcosm of the planet we're trying to build. I hope you both stick around - I'm sure you'll find a few things to interest you.

OK, I feel better about it. Thanks, you two.Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
19-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Hey I'm new.
(19-08-2012 09:42 AM)kim Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 09:26 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  He's the old guy at church who passes out the bulletins at the door and says hello to everyone as they come in.

Yeah, but at church you at least get the bulletin. I avoid the Walmart guy because I fear the interaction, but at church you need the program so you can score the game as it goes along.

I recently bought a Sam's Club card so I can buy their gas. What I didn't know was they have an old guy walking around the pumps too! I definitely try to avoid this guy because he's always chit chatting with the customers, even leaning in car windows to talk to the passengers. I put on my best leave me alone expression and try to make the gas pump faster somehow.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
19-08-2012, 02:02 PM
(19-08-2012 09:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 09:42 AM)kim Wrote:  Yes... not unlike the oh-so-enviable-and-worldly job of WalMart Greeter. Dodgy
I recently bought a Sam's Club card so I can buy their gas. What I didn't know was they have an old guy walking around the pumps too! I definitely try to avoid this guy because he's always chit chatting with the customers, even leaning in car windows to talk to the passengers. I put on my best leave me alone expression and try to make the gas pump faster somehow.

Why; does he smell like urine or mothballs? Some old people do. Wha? - he sticks his head into the car windows?
Consider Maybe they've trained him to sniff for drugs like a dog. You're right to keep clear of him - the shit is probably wreaking out of your pores!! Tongue

Hmm... if they offer that kind of specialized training, I may need to rethink my assessment of such a position. Dodgy I'm getting up there in years... may as well sell what's left of my soul, since I don't actually have one. But then, they'll never know... unless they ask for it on a resume or in an interview. Unsure Just thinking out loud here.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
19-08-2012, 02:24 PM
(19-08-2012 09:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I put on my best leave me alone expression and try to make the gas pump faster somehow.

That's not very christian of you!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Hey I'm new.
(19-08-2012 02:02 PM)kim Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 09:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I recently bought a Sam's Club card so I can buy their gas. What I didn't know was they have an old guy walking around the pumps too! I definitely try to avoid this guy because he's always chit chatting with the customers, even leaning in car windows to talk to the passengers. I put on my best leave me alone expression and try to make the gas pump faster somehow.

Why; does he smell like urine or mothballs? Some old people do. Wha? - he sticks his head into the car windows?
Consider Maybe they've trained him to sniff for drugs like a dog. You're right to keep clear of him - the shit is probably wreaking out of your pores!! Tongue

Hmm... if they offer that kind of specialized training, I may need to rethink my assessment of such a position. Dodgy I'm getting up there in years... may as well sell what's left of my soul, since I don't actually have one. But then, they'll never know... unless they ask for it on a resume or in an interview. Unsure Just thinking out loud here.

I'm so paranoid about personal smell that as far as I know I might be the one that smells of urine and mothballs.

I suppose it wouldn't be a bad gig for those of us who will otherwise die alone.
It's kind of like this place. You can drop a bunch of one-liners as people come and go, and eventually begin to see a lot of familiar faces each day until you begin to convince yourself you've found some sort of caring community. Confused

19-08-2012, 06:17 PM
(19-08-2012 06:04 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  You can drop a bunch of one-liners as people come and go, and eventually begin to see a lot of familiar faces each day until you begin to convince yourself you've found some sort of caring community. Confused

I care Hellbound, I care. ... I mean at least as long as you don't smell like urine and mothballs and then I might have to reconsider. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-08-2012, 11:53 AM
(18-08-2012 07:31 PM)LOLFROSTYBITE Wrote:  Hey my name is Dylan, Um, I'm Atheist, 18. I'm bored. Kay bye. Amazing site by the way.

Hm. 18 you say?
Oh we will have fun with you.
Yes. Yes
Oh yes we will.
Wink

Welcome.
PM me sometime, okay?

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore