Hey Kent, meet Lucy and the gang! :D (3 videos)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2012, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2012 02:06 PM by Janus.)
Hey Kent, meet Lucy and the gang! :D (3 videos)
A brandnew series of 3 documentaries by the BBC – an hour apiece; uninterrupted by commercials! – that literally fleshes out our ancestors homo neandertalensis, homo erectus, and australopithecus afarensis. Especially interesting for Kent Hovind and his simple brethren! (But it may be a little over their head... Big Grin ). The episodes were broadcast on 3 consecutive nights in prime time. The last one, about Lucy, was aired last night.

I present them here for your downloading and viewing pleasure (3x 200MB = 600MB):

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Janus's post
26-10-2012, 09:39 AM
RE: Hey Kent, meet Lucy and the gang! :D (3 videos)
First... somewhat shocked that it actually downloaded without any restriction. Not much more than an hour, too... wow!

Second... Already mildly irritated with the excitable style. I guess they have to do that to maintain the interest of a young audience.

Third... So often in Beeb documentaries, evolution is simply stated as fact, no doubts, no quibbles, no apologies... LOVE that.

26-10-2012, 10:42 AM
And the funniest irony of it is that it was shot in an abandoned – 'repurposed' – church ! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Janus's post
26-10-2012, 10:45 AM
(26-10-2012 09:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  First... somewhat shocked that it actually downloaded without any restriction. Not much more than an hour, too... wow!

A whole hour?
I can download that in 7 minutes!
You must be out in the boondocks... Big Grin
26-10-2012, 11:03 AM
(26-10-2012 10:45 AM)Janus Wrote:  You must be out in the boondocks... Big Grin

Kinda. I'm a few kms away from one of the world's most profitable and the world's busiest port (boon/docks Laughat ).

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
26-10-2012, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2012 02:15 PM by Janus.)
I rest my case...

Tongue

But seriously, sometimes, when I don't like the up- and/or download speeds I'm experiencing I switch to another WiFi net (probably with another ISP) and indeed get a 4x increase!
29-10-2012, 07:45 AM
Time for a bump.