Hey Meatheads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2017, 12:53 PM
Hey Meatheads
I remember a quote of Zatamon's that I want to use to respond to Aractus but searches no longer show any of Zatamon's posts and I can't click on his name to see his profile. I assume it's because Zatamon is unregistered but I'm pretty sure I used to be able to do this. Fix this will ya so Aractus is not deprived of my wisdom and brilliant counsel.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2017, 12:56 PM
RE: Hey Meatheads
Didn't he change his name to Zat?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-05-2017, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2017 01:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-05-2017 12:56 PM)Vera Wrote:  Didn't he change his name to Zat?

Ah yes, I remember. Didn't think of that. Lemme check.

Yes, I can find Zat and the post I'm looking for is there. Thanks!

Still doesn't explain why I can't find Zatamon's posts in a search. They're still there, I can see them. Just can't search for them.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-05-2017, 01:06 PM
Zatamon was unregistered, which is the reason we don't do this anymore because you can't search for them, it's like they don't exist on this forum, except they do.

You also can't search for Ego® except for his last incarnation for the same reason.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-05-2017, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2017 01:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-05-2017 01:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Zatamon was unregistered, which is the reason we don't do this anymore because you can't search for them, it's like they don't exist on this forum, except they do.

You also can't search for Ego® except for his last incarnation for the same reason.

This should be an easy fix I should think. Ask Deep. Deep has the database and knows the schema. He can pretty much do whatever he wants.

13-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Wants is the operative word. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
13-05-2017, 02:18 PM
(13-05-2017 01:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-05-2017 01:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Zatamon was unregistered, which is the reason we don't do this anymore because you can't search for them, it's like they don't exist on this forum, except they do.

This should be an easy fix I should think. Ask Deep. Deep has the database and knows the schema. He can pretty much do whatever he wants.

Its the forum software. Once people are unregistered they become like a ghost. They're around but you can't easily find them. Back when the forum was newer it wasn't seen as a huge issue. But as we learned when KC unregistered himself, all his reputations that he ever handed out were destroyed with it -- along with likes and everything else...Everyone's rep dropped, the amount of liked posts...everything went wonky.

Deep was able to rebuild it, but only because he was able to jump in and restore it, before too much time passed -- it still took some doing to do it from what he said at the time. Zatamon has been gone too long to make a difference...then there's the problem with Zat account (who he later came back as). This is why we ban accounts instead of using the unregister feature or really prefer that people who don't want to be here just leave.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-05-2017, 02:40 PM
(13-05-2017 02:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(13-05-2017 01:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This should be an easy fix I should think. Ask Deep. Deep has the database and knows the schema. He can pretty much do whatever he wants.

Its the forum software. Once people are unregistered they become like a ghost. They're around but you can't easily find them. Back when the forum was newer it wasn't seen as a huge issue. But as we learned when KC unregistered himself, all his reputations that he ever handed out were destroyed with it -- along with likes and everything else...Everyone's rep dropped, the amount of liked posts...everything went wonky.

Deep was able to rebuild it, but only because he was able to jump in and restore it, before too much time passed -- it still took some doing to do it from what he said at the time. Zatamon has been gone too long to make a difference...then there's the problem with Zat account (who he later came back as). This is why we ban accounts instead of using the unregister feature or really prefer that people who don't want to be here just leave.

That's a good explanation. I swear I thought I searched on Zatamon to find the Poet's Corner for Harvey but now that I think of it that was why it was so hard to find.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post