Hey You- What's your favorite YouTube Series?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2017, 04:15 PM
RE: Hey You- What's your favorite YouTube Series?
Well, I like to watch the World Ballet Day series. I can get through almost half the class and then I'm lost. I also don't have enough room in my house. That's my excuse anyway.

I also looooooove to watch Bob Ross. Heart It's like meditation and yoga nidra all in one.

If you're ever upset and can't sleep, just watch Bob Ross paint a tree. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
09-02-2017, 04:27 PM
(09-02-2017 04:15 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Well, I like to watch the World Ballet Day series. I can get through almost half the class and then I'm lost. I also don't have enough room in my house. That's my excuse anyway.

I also looooooove to watch Bob Ross. Heart It's like meditation and yoga nidra all in one.

If you're ever upset and can't sleep, just watch Bob Ross paint a tree. Thumbsup

I have to remember Bob Ross for when I can't sleep, which is almost always.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
09-02-2017, 05:53 PM

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
10-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Ornly one show is worth my time situation, the one from the Drunken Peasant induvidjuls

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
10-02-2017, 09:20 AM
It's not a series but I'm a guitar player and total gear junky and Anderton's in the UK puts out all kinds of product review videos which, in addition to being informative, if you watch enough of them you develop an appreciation for the personalities of the guys doing the demos. My favorites are The Captain (Lee Anderton - owner) and Chappers (Rob Chapman - prog metal guitarist). They know tons about gear and their playing is great, but in a really cheesy way their personalities mesh very well and their banter is often times just as engaging as the products.

I guess the point is there are thousands upon thousands of people shooting gear demos out there. When you find some folks who entertain you at the same time you tend to want to watch a lot of them.
10-02-2017, 09:36 AM
Big Grin RE: Hey You- What's your favorite YouTube Series?
I don't really follow Youtube series very much, but I do like to follow:

Big Think
ScienceNet
The Clergy Project
IntelligenceSquaredDebates

and...

Bob Ross
Love Fishing
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
10-02-2017, 11:38 AM
The nearest I have is The Bible Reloaded, with Hugo and Jake!

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
10-02-2017, 12:58 PM
The Mighty Jingles does a great job with the history and tank tours, and listening to his laugh as he watches WoT and World of Warships gameplay videos never gets old. I also like PhlyDaily, even though he plays games I don't, like War Thunder.

For atheism-related stuff, I watch most of the TTA podcasts, and get a kick out of DarkMatter2525's work.

I really have been enjoying Tony Reed's "How Creationism Taught Me Real Science" shorts.. and he just put a new one out today which I have yet to watch... gonna go do that once I hit "Post".

I'm also a big fan of Holy Koolaid's approach. Also a big fan of 43Alley, and it makes me sad that he no longer publishes. Sad

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
10-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Lately, I've been going through British history - mostly with Lucy Worsley as my guide. I like her; she's plucky and sincere about presenting history, not just from "our time" but from the point of view of people, as it was happening. Also- she does stuff I'd love to do - like dress in the clothing of the day and pick up actual historical items. She describes their feel and weight - it is what I want out of my history - I want to be able to relate, if possible.

Fit To Rule series was great but, a bit brief - makes me want more, I guess.
British History's Biggest Fibs was THE best. It really cuts through the murky areas that I always had a hard time making sense of.

She has a current show on PBS called, The Secrets of the Six Wives Of Henry VIII. That series will most certainly turn up on YouTube, very soon - very good.
I think this current fascination I have, may have begun with a one-off called, Inside The Body Of Henry VIII. What a gluttonous, egotistical hog that guy was! Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-02-2017, 01:47 PM
(10-02-2017 01:35 PM)kim Wrote:  Lately, I've been going through British history - mostly with Lucy Worsley as my guide. I like her; she's plucky and sincere about presenting history, not just from "our time" but from the point of view of people, as it was happening.

Gotta tell ya, I really have a thing for Worsley. Her brains, her looks, everything about her.

[Image: For-front-page-229x309.jpg]

Blush
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post