Hey, fellow Americans. Want to be terrified?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2017, 08:41 AM
RE: Hey, fellow Americans. Want to be terrified?
(10-05-2017 07:53 AM)abaris Wrote:  Is this for real? Satire maybe? Here's hoping.

Yes, it is absolutely for real.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2017, 09:17 AM
(10-05-2017 07:49 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I either wasn't well-aware of this phenomenon before this election, or it has had an upswing, or these people are just coming out from behind the bushes, but this shit is TERRIFYING to me.

And people think the Handmaid's Tale could neeeeeever happen here.

Quote:... Atwood's novel offers a satirical view of various social, political, and religious trends of 1980s United States. Further, Atwood questions what would happen if these trends, and especially "casually held attitudes about women" were taken to their logical end. Atwood continues to argue that all of the scenarios offered in The Handmaid's Tale have actually occurred in real lifeā€”in an interview she gave, Atwood maintains that "As with The Handmaid's Tale, I didn't put in anything that we haven't already done, we're not already doing, we're seriously trying to do, coupled with trends that are already in progress... So all of those things are real, and therefore the amount of pure invention is close to nil."

As I said, I began seeing it happen all around me, a long time ago and apparently I wasn't the only one to notice.

I'm glad someone has made it into a film ... it will certainly be "boycotted" by religious extremists everywhere. Or they will just keep quiet about it ... don't want to draw too much attention to the obvious parallels between it and their own theistic agenda. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
10-05-2017, 09:50 AM
(10-05-2017 08:01 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 07:59 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  ...went total Quiverfull Mom Who Worships Republican Jesus and now says she no longer believes in climate change and that vaccines are harmful, so she homeschools her children.
This...is..just...Facepalm

Yeah...it shocked and saddened me as well. Last time I posted anything regarding how vaccines don't cause autism, she started posting things about how they totally aren't safe at all.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
10-05-2017, 09:59 AM
(10-05-2017 09:50 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 08:01 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  This...is..just...Facepalm

Yeah...it shocked and saddened me as well. Last time I posted anything regarding how vaccines don't cause autism, she started posting things about how they totally aren't safe at all.
I genuinely find all the anti-vaccine stuff just beyond stupid. You see all these rallys and parents kicking off about it, yet if you ask ANY reputable doctor, they'll tell you straight up that not having vaccines is a very bad idea, and you do indeed rick your childs life if they don't have them.

I'm just not sure how they think vaccines are supposed to cause autism at all. It's beyond rational thought at this point I think.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
10-05-2017, 01:05 PM
I think "A few arrows short of a quiver" is more like it.

They think their God is so pitifully powerless and outclassed by secularism that he needs an army of vaginas.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
10-05-2017, 01:37 PM
(10-05-2017 01:05 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  I think "A few arrows short of a quiver" is more like it.

They think their God is so pitifully powerless and outclassed by secularism that he needs an army of vaginas.

Just an idea ... maybe they think everyone else thinks their god is powerless. Maybe this is their, "We'll show them!" moment.

I've seen it happening for too and too close for comfort. I don't want to think such a concept could come to fruition but, I'm not willing to underestimate their fanatical zeal to accomplish it, either. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
10-05-2017, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2017 02:01 PM by Cheerful Charlie.)
This isn't the only such stuff going on out there. For example, google Joel's Army, an extreme Christian movement Sarah Palin supported when she was running for VP.

See Christian Exodus. An idea of moving lots of extremist Christians to South Carolina to take over that state.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=96695

There is a lot of this percolating around the US.

See also Sheparding Movement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shepherding_Movement

The tentacles of Cthulhu are everywhere.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 3 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
10-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Wait... taking over the government for Christ? But what about the Apocalypse! How's that supposed to come if they're trying to "fix America for Jesus?" Aren't things supposed to get terribly sinful and stuff?

Silly Christians, always messing with God's plan, with the praying and the trying to prevent the Apocalypse and whatnot.

SMH Christians. SMDH

#trumpistheantichrist #irony

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
10-05-2017, 01:57 PM
(10-05-2017 09:59 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I'm just not sure how they think vaccines are supposed to cause autism at all. It's beyond rational thought at this point I think.
It's just standard confusion of association with cause. All you need is a handful of children whose autistic symptoms have onset or are recognized with some plausible proximity to them getting childhood vaccinations.

Given the # of early childhood vaccinations, the odds of you associating the two are pretty high. And your motivation to associate to the two to try to "make sense of" the tragedy is also pretty high.

The only objection I have to the early childhood vaccination regimes is that they come pretty fast and furious, and in a few children, it may be pushing their immune system a little bit hard. A minority of pediatricians, last I knew, advocate spreading them out a bit from the recommended regime for this reason, as well as making sure they don't coincide with flu shots, etc. and I tend to side with those guys out of an abundance of caution.
10-05-2017, 07:43 PM
(10-05-2017 01:41 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  This isn't the only such stuff going on out there. For example, google Joel's Army, an extreme Christian movement Sarah Palin supported when she was running for VP.

See Christian Exodus. An idea of moving lots of extremist Christians to South Carolina to take over that state.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=96695

There is a lot of this percolating around the US.

See also Sheparding Movement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shepherding_Movement

The tentacles of Cthulhu are everywhere.

My face right now:
[Image: sliding-scared.jpg]

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post