Hey, fellow Americans. Want to be terrified?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2017, 08:40 PM
RE: Hey, fellow Americans. Want to be terrified?
Christofascist...I’m keeping that one from the OP link.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
11-05-2017, 08:49 PM
I get bad reactions to vaccine, not ones for school but rather the ones for the Flu, it's not just a republican thing. Everything I got the Flu Vaccine I would get very sick for the week. I stopped taking that one every year and never had another problem.

But really not call vaccines are evil, some just have different reactions to them than others.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post
11-05-2017, 11:23 PM
Yea..... I've heard of EVERY one of those fringe christian groups growing up... /sigh

I'll read the full thing in the morning, I'm kinda enjoying my evening. Don't wanna destroy my good mood.

Smile

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
11-05-2017, 11:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 11:51 PM by JesseB.)
(11-05-2017 08:49 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  I get bad reactions to vaccine, not ones for school but rather the ones for the Flu, it's not just a republican thing. Everything I got the Flu Vaccine I would get very sick for the week. I stopped taking that one every year and never had another problem.

But really not call vaccines are evil, some just have different reactions to them than others.

A lot of people think the flu vaccine gives them the flu.

However, I don't know about all of them, but I know some of them give you a dead version of the flu to make your body produce antibodies....

Funny story.... The shit that makes you FEEL sick.... Is your own fucking body fighting off the flu (or other illness), for the most part anyway.... YOUR body gives you a fever as it fights the illness... lol... it's also a good thing that your body makes you feel so miserable as what you really need to do is stay the fuck in bed and rest (which those idiots who claim "walking pneumonia" always wanna ignore). so throwing a false flag and telling your body "sic em" is gonna potentially make you feel sick, likely in direct proportion to how sick you would have gotten when exposed to the real thing...

Now I'm no doctor, but... I just wanted to throw that out there. Feeling sick isn't necessarily a "negative" side effect, it's more like a DUH side effect. You prolly still need the vaccine even if it doesn't make you feel great. I've almost died several times from the flu, never gotten a flu vaccine once (when I was young it wasn't that common and now I'm usually FAR too poor). Well I also get other complications, I've almost died from strep throat and pneumonia cause apparently I have no natural defense lol (who would the bugs are becoming super bugs, humans have no hope of surviving without modern medicine, diseases mutate much faster than humans in most cases, but you know dumb fucks like to think we could just get rid of medicine, "all natural" is so much better! lol idiots, but I digress).

And next time I end up in the hospital with a fever of 107 ish I'll be wishing I could afford a fucking vaccine, like usual. Lucky for me I've been thrown away by society I almost never have any contact with other humans, so my risk of getting other people sick is low. (prolly worse fevers, I don't check it but they freak the fuck out every time I go in sick lol, I mean it's normal for me to have crazy high fevers and feel like I'm gonna die)

But you know murica, great healthcare, I'll most likely die from a totally treatable and preventable illness because of a lack of proper healthcare.... Good times...

Edit^ Another funny story, last summer I got sick, It was at least 110 outside and I had the heater going and a bunch of blankets on top of me trying to stay warm (yup first sign of a fever, can't get warm... even though your body is 200 lol), So I put on shorts and a t-shirt and sandals (what I normally wear I don't even own anything else anymore), go to the hospital and i was FREEEEEEEZING holy shit I thought I was gonna freeze to DEATH. I kept begging for at least a pair of socks or a blanket to cover my feet with and they said NOPE take these pills and if your fever doesn't start to drop in the next 5 min we're gonna put you in an ice bath (WTF I"M COLD ALREADY NOOOOOOO), Long story short I had strep through (prolly explains why I couldn't swallow and was in excruciating pain in my throat). They gave me a shot and I was mostly better within 2 hours... DAMN normally it takes me 4 weeks to get over strep and tons of meds! That was kinda cool. It cost me 3,700 dollars though.... I still owe the hospital that money... LOL Murica healthcare, "go home and die if your a fucking looser with no money! Only rich people matter"

Another Edit^ OH and ... I totally forgot, I got sick after going out with a girl and you know stuff.... we'd only been seeing each other a couple of days... She got sick too, but not as bad as me, since she didn't have a car I was carting her around to her DR appointments, she had much better healthcare than I at least.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
11-05-2017, 11:52 PM
(11-05-2017 08:49 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  I get bad reactions to vaccine, not ones for school but rather the ones for the Flu, it's not just a republican thing. Everything I got the Flu Vaccine I would get very sick for the week. I stopped taking that one every year and never had another problem.

Some people have a bad reaction to vaccine because virus are grown in eggs. Even most people who are allergic to eggs can take vaccines but a few just can't do with particular egg proteins. Maybe you are one of those.

I have a friend who can't get the ones they give at the local Walgreens but he goes to his doctor for his four shots. Evidently, there are two flu vaccines that don't contain egg proteins, approved for use in adults age 18 and older. Maybe ask your doctor about it. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-05-2017, 12:02 AM
(11-05-2017 11:52 PM)kim Wrote:  

Some people have a bad reaction to vaccine because virus are grown in eggs. Even most people who are allergic to eggs can take vaccines but a few just can't do with particular egg proteins. Maybe you are one of those.

I have a friend who can't get the ones they give at the local Walgreens but he goes to his doctor for his four shots. Evidently, there are two flu vaccines that don't contain egg proteins, approved for use in adults age 18 and older. Maybe ask your doctor about it. Shy

This too!

My point was the flu shot can make you FEEL sick, that doesn't mean you ARE sick.

Big Grin
12-05-2017, 12:46 AM
(10-05-2017 01:57 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 09:59 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I'm just not sure how they think vaccines are supposed to cause autism at all. It's beyond rational thought at this point I think.
It's just standard confusion of association with cause. All you need is a handful of children whose autistic symptoms have onset or are recognized with some plausible proximity to them getting childhood vaccinations.

IIRC the original paper that kicked off this whole business had a sample of 12 and *still* needed shoring up with fraudulent claims. This vaccines = autism thing is so laughable it's ridiculous.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
12-05-2017, 05:16 AM
(12-05-2017 12:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 01:57 PM)mordant Wrote:  It's just standard confusion of association with cause. All you need is a handful of children whose autistic symptoms have onset or are recognized with some plausible proximity to them getting childhood vaccinations.

IIRC the original paper that kicked off this whole business had a sample of 12 and *still* needed shoring up with fraudulent claims. This vaccines = autism thing is so laughable it's ridiculous.

It's a window into the Christian bubble world they inhabit, this fraudulent study made it's way through society and it may have been related through pastors, assistant pastors, and various people in Christian social circles.

The mindset in many of these social circles is that the government is persecuting them anyway. The book of Revelations lays out an end times scenario where the antichrist controls the government and comes after Christians that don't take the "Mark of the Beast".

So the whole vaccine thing mirrors this apocalyptic scenario, how do you convince someone that vaccines are good for you when their pastor has preached of a scenario where the antichrist comes into power and deceives people with "peace and prosperity" ?

Something that's demonstrably beneficial; yet admonished by government officials that you take, is playing out their apocalyptic antichrist scenario. Of course they're not going to trust those "authorities" that tell them it's good for them.

Their worldview would be wrong if they admitted that it was good for them. It totally contradicts their insane apocalyptic scenario that the government isn't actually out to get them in all cases.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
12-05-2017, 11:27 AM
(12-05-2017 05:16 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 12:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  IIRC the original paper that kicked off this whole business had a sample of 12 and *still* needed shoring up with fraudulent claims. This vaccines = autism thing is so laughable it's ridiculous.

It's a window into the Christian bubble world they inhabit, this fraudulent study made it's way through society and it may have been related through pastors, assistant pastors, and various people in Christian social circles.

The mindset in many of these social circles is that the government is persecuting them anyway. The book of Revelations lays out an end times scenario where the antichrist controls the government and comes after Christians that don't take the "Mark of the Beast".

So the whole vaccine thing mirrors this apocalyptic scenario, how do you convince someone that vaccines are good for you when their pastor has preached of a scenario where the antichrist comes into power and deceives people with "peace and prosperity" ?

Something that's demonstrably beneficial; yet admonished by government officials that you take, is playing out their apocalyptic antichrist scenario. Of course they're not going to trust those "authorities" that tell them it's good for them.

Their worldview would be wrong if they admitted that it was good for them. It totally contradicts their insane apocalyptic scenario that the government isn't actually out to get them in all cases.

Other marks of the beast include the tattoo's given by the Nazis to Jews in concentration camps

Having a micro chip implanted anywhere in your body

Any tattoos (Yup I've heard people make this claim)

Cell phones (not joking, google it if you want to have some fun/be terrified out of your mind people this stupid exist)

My point is these folks will pull any shit out of their ass and call it the mark of the beast to justify their idiotic ideas they want to believe in so hard.

Big Grin
12-05-2017, 11:32 AM
That was me in my early twenties as well, but that was in the late 1970s when live flu vaccines were still in use. Entering my 60th year I finally relented and got a flu shot this past fall and had no ill effect other than a slightly sore arm for a couple of days. Also, I did not get the flu this winter, although that is probably a combination of dumb luck, more compulsive hand-washing in public places and the fact that the strains in the vaccine were nearly spot-on for once, in terms of what was actually in circulation to catch this year.

My guess is that if you are still reacting to modern "killed" flu vaccines, you have some sort of allergy to eggs, which go into the making of the vaccine.