Hey "freethinkers". Should the U.S. use force against Syria?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Hey "freethinkers". Should the U.S. use force against Syria?
Several months ago it was reported that rebels were threatening to and attempting to get chemical weapons. Then a little later.....a chemical attack. Then the U.S. now is saying that it was the government that is attacking its people. Now for the past few days the U.S. is seriously contemplating on using force in Syria, Even though there is no evidence that the Syrian government has used chemical weapons.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post
26-04-2013, 01:15 PM
RE: Hey "freethinkers". Should the U.S. use force against Syria?
You might be surprised at my answer. No.

Let them kill each other in their own civil war and let us stay out of it. We do have to make clear that any attacks on neighboring countries that we are allied with will be met with a harsh response, but beyond that, I don't think we need to get involved.

The Russians are doing a bang up job supporting the Assad dictatorship--let them own this disaster.
[+] 2 users Like BryanS's post
26-04-2013, 01:32 PM
We should stay the hell out of Syria. This fight in Syria is not about freedom or justice - it's about whether or nor Syria will become another Islamist State. The US has been asked to support the Rebels - but these guys are nothing bu Jihadists and will make Syria worse off than it is now should they win.
[+] 1 user Likes Julius's post
28-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Uh, no.
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post
28-04-2013, 09:24 AM
I don't care what the US does, so long as my nation does not get dragged in as we ride on your ever weakening jetstream.
I say leave them to kill themselves off, until there is clear evidence of chemical or biological weapons being used, even then, let the UN spend a year bickering with itself and wait for it to decide.

p.s. I just love the " 'freethinkers' " bit in the title, what an apparently arrogant way of wording it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Re: Hey "freethinkers". Should the U.S. use force against Syria?
Every country the U.S. invades is a training exercise for launching an offensive against Iran. An invasion of Syria is imminent, Clinton had her evil snake eye on Syria while in Benghazi, her words, 'we came, we saw, he died', in reference to the targeted assassination of Gadhafi, she was laughing during that interview as she hissed those words.
28-04-2013, 10:47 AM
The answer is : No.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
28-04-2013, 11:55 AM
When I and I will start realizing that there is no such thing as a good side in foreign affairs, I will mark the calendar. I frankly don't think that there is a clear line on who to support, if any is to be given. You have a corrupted dictatorship that kills its own people routinely, then you have a rebellion stirred up by Jihadists. It is like any other revolution in the Middle East, from the violent civil war to the ultimate theocratic dictatorship. So, again, tell me what is different about either side?

Should the military get involved in Syria? No. Will they get involved? Unlikely.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 4 users Like Logica Humano's post
28-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Unless it involves white people the world doesn't get involved so don't worry we won't do anything to Syria.
28-04-2013, 12:45 PM
(28-04-2013 12:03 PM)Atheist in Westeros Wrote:  Unless it involves white people the world doesn't get involved so don't worry we won't do anything to Syria.

Syria does involve "white" people, along with the majority of the Middle East.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post