Hey from Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2017, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2017 07:40 AM by Stygian60.)
Hey from Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hi everyone. I'm Daniel, 56 yo soon to be 57 yo, a French speaking and fluently bilingual (English) man from Montreal.

Although I was raised and educated in christian private boarding schools up to the end of high school (16 yo), I have been an atheist for as long as I can remember and the event that changed everything was my dad being killed in a car accident when he was 27 yo and I only two and a half. Needless to say that as soon as I was old enough to think on my own, I started questioning everything religious, seing that my dad's death was, to me, unfair and didn't jive with the Christian teachings that I was forced to embrace as a kid.

I have been married for a year now, obviously not religiously, with my love of the last 19 years. She's also an atheist. We're in an open relationship, which doesn't mean that we f... every moving thing. We just don't believe in physical exclusiveness as having anything to do with the love we share, which is exclusively (ironically...) based on the values and happiness we feel being together.

I love cars, classic and hard rock, science, women (lol), Summer, video games (PS4), and other things I can't think of right now. I hate Winter, snow and cold weather, so I was definitely born in the wrong country. Also hate lies and biggotry.

Been listening to the podcast for about a year now and can't get enough of it.

That's basically it. Hope to chat some more in the near future.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Stygian60's post
02-07-2017, 07:21 AM
RE: Hey from Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Welcome to TTA! Pull up a chair and chime right in!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-07-2017, 07:28 AM
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
02-07-2017, 07:36 AM
Hello & welcome from Ottawa. Shy

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
02-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Welcome!
02-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Welcome aboard! Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
02-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Welcome neighbour. We happen to live in the same part. I'm also from Montreal.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
02-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Welcome, Stygian60. We're glad you found us!

Last time I was in Montreal was a couple of Februarys ago. Damn cold. But a healthy sandwich from Schwartz's (!!!) kept me warm!
02-07-2017, 07:38 PM
G'day mate, and welcome to TTA. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
02-07-2017, 10:54 PM
Hi, Daniel! I'm a former Montrealer (born there; moved to Manitoba when I was 20). Hope you enjoy the forum.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user