Hey heathens... want your sinful opinions these Christian apologists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2014, 01:31 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 12:36 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
RE: Hey heathens... want your sinful opinions these Christian apologists.
As scientists they are brilliant in their fields. Outside of their fields, especially when it comes to recognizing their beliefs as the silly superstitious nonsense that it is, they range from less then brilliant to chuckle-fuckingly retarded.

Now I like you well enough KC, even though your beliefs are silly, but you're acting like a little whiny bitch with a skinned knee in this thread. You can't make a thread with a title that's more or less an inside joke and get pissed at people who don't know it's an inside joke. Personally I read enough of your posts to know it was not a hostile title but lots of people wouldn't and as the OP that's on you. You want people to discuss a topic, don't start it off with a bombastic title.
If you want your exit to be you packing up your toys cause you got your feelings hurt go for it, but I'd say that's a poor way to exit at best.

I like you man but this whole boo hoo mamby pamby poor me thing is dull and childish. You didn't have to respond to the off topic stuff but you did, so the victim card goes back in the deck. Ain't no reason to pack it up and run off.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
12-09-2014, 01:39 PM
(04-09-2014 07:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm asking because these men are obviously not blatant, outright fools like Hamsammich and WLC, but they claim the same religion as the aforementioned fools.

They are well respected in the science world and the topic of their religion rarely comes into play when they discuss science. I understand that this is probably because all three are either ECs or TEs, but the fact remains that they are Christians.
Yes, its an interesting psychological proposition.
Where highly intelligent people whom are taught the scientific method and hence taught not to trust assertions or assumptions, but to instead seek to think about all the possibilities that could match the evidence and to seek to discover the truth by constructing careful repeatable experiments that can be demonstrated to distinguish between conflicting ideas.
But then they completely compartmentalise their religious beliefs, they just believe whatever they are told by their religious leaders. If they are Catholic they believe that wine and bread become blood and flesh, If they are (most Christian affilliations) they believe it is wrong for people to be gay.
I'm not sure why they have decided to throw science out when it comes to their religious beliefs. But as long as their science activities adheres to the scientific method then they will be respected as a scientist.
Science isn't biased against people's beliefs, it just looks to discover objective truths despite the bias of each individual.
12-09-2014, 09:57 PM
I can walk and chew gum at the same time.
These people are able to compartmentalize a rational part of their life with an irrational part of their life.

These smart intelligent people are still susceptible to delusional thoughts.

At this time, there is no rational justification for believing a god exists and lots of good reasons why one logically can't exist.

If all of them believed in the tooth fairy it still would not diminish the excellent work in science they have achieved. It would mean that they would be the object of personal ridicule in much the same way they are now for believing in things that don't exist.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
24-09-2014, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2014 10:12 PM by queenschosen.)
(31-12-1969 09:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So when, (and yes he'll be back) Kingsy gets his poop together and comes back, we can have a little chat about this dude.

No I'm sorry to say he really won't be at least not in the near future. Yall will have forgotten about him by the time, if ever, he does come back. He's stubborn like that. Once he sets his mind his mind to something it's hard to convince him otherwise plus his dad's health is really messing him up right now. It doesn't look good. Jeremy's going through a lot right now.

Yes, I'm also a Christian.
24-09-2014, 09:51 PM
(24-09-2014 09:48 PM)queenschosen Wrote:  
(31-12-1969 09:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So when, (and yes he'll be back) Kingsy gets his poop together and comes back, we can have a little chat about this dude.

No I'm sorry to say he really won't. he's stubborn like that. Once he sets his mind his mind to so something it's hard to convince him otherwise plus his dad's health is really messing him up right now. it doesn't look good.

Thank you for stopping by QC, always good to see you here.

I am sorry about KC's dad. I sent KC an email but he didn't answer -I figured things were heavy on his mind right now.

Keep us posted, please.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
24-09-2014, 09:56 PM
(24-09-2014 09:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-09-2014 09:48 PM)queenschosen Wrote:  No I'm sorry to say he really won't. he's stubborn like that. Once he sets his mind his mind to so something it's hard to convince him otherwise plus his dad's health is really messing him up right now. it doesn't look good.

Thank you for stopping by QC, always good to see you here.

I am sorry about KC's dad. I sent KC an email but he didn't answer -I figured things were heavy on his mind right now.

Keep us posted, please.

Thank you Angie I appreciate that. Sorry about him one of his biggest flaw is he retreats in solitude and cuts everyone out of his life except family and work relationships out of obligation. You been so amazing to us and I really want to thank you for everything.

[+] 1 user Likes queenschosen's post
24-09-2014, 09:57 PM
I'll tell him to reply to your email.

24-09-2014, 10:00 PM
(24-09-2014 09:57 PM)queenschosen Wrote:  I'll tell him to reply to your email.

I don't want to push him...just let him know that I am thinking about all of you.

Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-09-2014, 10:03 PM
I'm pretty sure just telling him won't be a big deal but he does retreat further if he's pushed. He just keeps everything inside. It's not something doesn't know or we haven't talked about but it's just super frustrating for me.

24-09-2014, 11:41 PM
I hope Jeremy is doing what he can to enjoy life and be happy (or move in that direction). I really do.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.