Hey im new.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Hey im new.
My name is Orion (not the real name)

Im 18.5 years old from Israel, and im an Ateists for a two years already after i was an religious jew.
Actually i have joined to that forum mainly becouse i want to improve my english, but also becouse i think it can be intresting to get a look on a "Atheists community" in other country.

If you have any question about the atheism stream in Israel i would like to answer good as i can.
And again, sorry for my bad writing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2013, 11:10 AM
RE: Hey im new.
Welcome! You will find a lot of information, resources, food for thought and lively conversation here.

Godless in the Magnolia State
30-06-2013, 11:13 AM
(30-06-2013 08:59 AM)Orion_P Wrote:  If you have any question about the atheism stream in Israel i would like to answer

How does the atheism stream flow in Israel? It's just a trickle so far here in 'Merica, how difficult is it to be open about unbelief in the holy land? And welcome!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
30-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Yeah are the orthodox really the primary power over there? How difficult would it be to be an open Atheist?

Also 18.5 that means you are in the Israeli military correct? How do you feel about that whole bag of chips?

Also welcome and apologies for the question bombardment but an Atheist Israeli is a rare ideological/geographic crossing and an opportunity for me to glean a lot of good first hand info on the state of the region.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-06-2013, 01:02 PM
I like your belt.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion%27s_Belt

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
01-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Welcome aboard!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
01-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Howdy!

[Image: opforum1.png]