Hey man, it's Texas. Make that T a cross, would ya?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2011, 10:34 AM

Sad Hey man, it's Texas. Make that T a cross, would ya?
Judge's sentence involving Christian book causes controversy

John has certainly never read the Bible. Otherwise, if it's god were a human he'd face so many felony charges that even anti-capital punishment activists would scream for the death penalty.

This is one of those times when I wish I could possess someone. I'd love to have entered one of these defendants and said on my own, without the Public Defender as my mouth piece.

"I object to this sentence your honor! If you want me to reform, don't give me a book that instructs me how to be a better criminal, using the guidelines afforded in the immoral sadists manual that you call the Bible! America is not a Theocracy! " Angry

And then I'd wait! He'd probably threaten to hold me in contempt, but I'd chime in again and let him know that he's a little late in taking notice of that.

Fucking Fundies.
Fun
Dies
Coincidence? No, I don't think so.Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 11:38 AM
RE: Hey man, it's Texas. Make that T a cross, would ya?
Sadly the most that could even happen is that this man is removed from his position due to unconstitutional sentencing. There just isn't a proper punishment for the judge. It's cases like this that open the doors to serious judicial attacks on the constitution.

What kinds of criminals is he letting off? What sorts of crimes are they likely to recommit in this month? I didn't see anything suggesting these sentences were for first offenders. Reform outside of prison is an important thing to find, but reading a book is really a bad suggestion because enough criminals can't even read. Many criminals learn to read while in prison. If these are criminals living with their parents this is understandable, but they didn't say he was a judge for juveniles. Either way of course the idea of a Christian book being the answer is so horribly wrong, but a book in general would be a difficult answer for stopping crime.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Well, given all the atrocities mentioned in all Abrahamic religions I have a very bad feeling about this. They could just as easily use religious texts to justify violence. And I honestly doubt that a book changes one's nature.
I remember a friend once telling me a teenager in his neighborhood was baptized - he didn't swear anymore but still beat the crap out of people - some reform.
As for this idea - it's unconstitutional , plain and simple.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
05-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Gotta love Texans. :/

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2011, 05:23 AM
They never cease to amaze me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2011, 10:05 PM
(06-04-2011 05:23 AM)riseinside Wrote:  They never cease to amaze me.

You guys have no idea. Try living here. :/

Every stereotype you've ever heard is true, and magnified.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink