Hey now.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: Hey now.
(01-09-2014 06:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 06:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Step one, be socially inept.

Tick. Got that. Aspies rock!

What's step two?

You go full fucking earmuffs and fight the Maori for water rights.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-09-2014, 07:03 PM
(01-09-2014 06:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 06:24 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  People need to relax.

Taking away the right to voice an opinion isn't the best way to get people to relax.

We've always temporarily closed threads whenever they became too heated. Why is that a problem now?
01-09-2014, 07:03 PM
(01-09-2014 07:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 06:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Tick. Got that. Aspies rock!

What's step two?

You go full fucking earmuffs.

Bechased

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
01-09-2014, 07:05 PM
(01-09-2014 07:03 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 06:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Taking away the right to voice an opinion isn't the best way to get people to relax.

We've always temporarily closed threads whenever they became too heated. Why is that a problem now?

'Cause I wasn't done commenting and Girly don't get heated, silly goose.

#sigh
01-09-2014, 07:05 PM
I cant believe what I'm seeing.... what is going on?!

*edited to keep thread from closing, since thats a thing now*
01-09-2014, 07:06 PM
(01-09-2014 07:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 07:03 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  We've always temporarily closed threads whenever they became too heated. Why is that a problem now?

'Cause I wasn't done commenting and Girly don't get heated, silly goose.

Girly don't, but Girly don't count for everyone. Big Grin
01-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Purely in the spirit of being silly Big Grin and on behalf of girly Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
01-09-2014, 07:24 PM
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBTyUhl-4t6B5FZOaJGDU...uHqBP6zGzA]

This thread is being watched.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-09-2014, 07:30 PM
(01-09-2014 07:05 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I cant believe what I'm seeing.... what is going on?!

We're going "Orwellian".

This whole episode reminds me of this synopsis from "Animal Farm"

"The Barn

The barn at Animal Farm, on whose outside walls the pigs paint the Seven Commandments and, later, their revisions, represents the collective memory of a modern nation. The many scenes in which the ruling-class pigs alter the principles of Animalism and in which the working-class animals puzzle over but accept these changes represent the way an institution in power can revise a community’s concept of history to bolster its control. If the working class believes history to lie on the side of their oppressors, they are less likely to question oppressive practices. Moreover, the oppressors, by revising their nation’s conception of its origins and development, gain control of the nation’s very identity, and the oppressed soon come to depend upon the authorities for their communal sense of self."

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
01-09-2014, 07:36 PM
(01-09-2014 07:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 07:05 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I cant believe what I'm seeing.... what is going on?!

We're going "Orwellian".

This whole episode reminds me of this synopsis from "Animal Farm"

"The Barn

The barn at Animal Farm, on whose outside walls the pigs paint the Seven Commandments and, later, their revisions, represents the collective memory of a modern nation. The many scenes in which the ruling-class pigs alter the principles of Animalism and in which the working-class animals puzzle over but accept these changes represent the way an institution in power can revise a community’s concept of history to bolster its control. If the working class believes history to lie on the side of their oppressors, they are less likely to question oppressive practices. Moreover, the oppressors, by revising their nation’s conception of its origins and development, gain control of the nation’s very identity, and the oppressed soon come to depend upon the authorities for their communal sense of self."

I have read it Full....and I can see that. Hence why I asked.