Hey remember that 12 year old black kid that got killed by white cops?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2015, 09:57 AM
RE: Hey remember that 12 year old black kid that got killed by white cops?
(15-10-2015 04:52 AM)BnW Wrote:  What is a "safe standoff distance" in a public park with people when you're told the person has a gun?

I dunno, looks like maybe 50 feet or so.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2015, 10:12 AM
This happened in Ohio where it is pretty easy to get a concealed carry permit. The first thing the cops need to to figure out before they shoot anyone is whether the guy is carrying legally or not. They didn't even figure out whether he was carrying a real gun. [He was carrying and "airsoft" gun which shoots plastic pellets and may sting a little bit if you are buck naked when shot and it is at close range.]

I spent 40 years as a criminal defense lawyer and I am really fucking sick of hearing cops say, "Whatever I do is right because every day I put my life on the line protecting the public." There are a thousand responses to that including, "You picked a job with tough rules and you do not get to circumvent those rules because you get a little bit scared. Those rules are what keep this a free society and I don't care if your job gets a little scary. I you want it to be easy, move to Moscow."
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
15-10-2015, 10:21 AM
(15-10-2015 10:12 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  This happened in Ohio where it is pretty easy to get a concealed carry permit. The first thing the cops need to to figure out before they shoot anyone is whether the guy is carrying legally or not. They didn't even figure out whether he was carrying a real gun. [He was carrying and "airsoft" gun which shoots plastic pellets and may sting a little bit if you are buck naked when shot and it is at close range.]

I spent 40 years as a criminal defense lawyer and I am really fucking sick of hearing cops say, "Whatever I do is right because every day I put my life on the line protecting the public." There are a thousand responses to that including, "You picked a job with tough rules and you do not get to circumvent those rules because you get a little bit scared. Those rules are what keep this a free society and I don't care if your job gets a little scary. I you want it to be easy, move to Moscow."

You spent too much time hanging out with criminals....
If somebody's going for a gun -- YOU don't know if it's real or not-- they do....

Police are human - they can't read minds. They can't make up for other people's stupidity.

Unless you want to give criminals free reign to do whatever they like - we're going to have to have police. Police who have the right to exercise good judgement - when somebody else is exercising bad judgement.

The bottom line??

A dumb kid did an EXTREMELY dumb thing. Now a cop has to live with that the rest of his life.

The fault lies on the kid.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-10-2015, 10:25 AM
(15-10-2015 10:21 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 10:12 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  This happened in Ohio where it is pretty easy to get a concealed carry permit. The first thing the cops need to to figure out before they shoot anyone is whether the guy is carrying legally or not. They didn't even figure out whether he was carrying a real gun. [He was carrying and "airsoft" gun which shoots plastic pellets and may sting a little bit if you are buck naked when shot and it is at close range.]

You spent too much time hanging out with criminals....
If somebody's going for a gun -- YOU don't know if it's real or not-- they do....

Police are human - they can't read minds. They can't make up for other people's stupidity.

Unless you want to give criminals free reign to do whatever they like - we're going to have to have police. Police who have the right to exercise good judgement - when somebody else is exercising bad judgement.

The bottom line??

A dumb kid did an EXTREMELY dumb thing. Now a cop has to live with that the rest of his life.

Barney Fife never gave the kid a chance to comply before shooting. Fuck that cop he deserves to be in jail and his partner needs to be off the force. The gun was not even drawn so there was no immediate threat.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-10-2015, 10:26 AM
(15-10-2015 10:21 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If somebody's going for a gun -- YOU don't know if it's real or not-- they do....

Ohio is an open-carry State.

#sigh
15-10-2015, 10:28 AM
(15-10-2015 10:25 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 10:21 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You spent too much time hanging out with criminals....

The bottom line??

Barney Fife never gave the kid a chance to comply before shooting. Fuck that cop he deserves to be in jail and his partner needs to be off the force. The gun was not even drawn so there was no immediate threat.

You know nothing about guns and less about policing...

Toddle off and look at a book or something..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-10-2015, 10:30 AM
(15-10-2015 10:26 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 10:21 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If somebody's going for a gun -- YOU don't know if it's real or not-- they do....

Ohio is an open-carry State.

So is Michigan.

If you're willing to open carry -- you had damned well better keep your hands away from your gun when talking to a law enforcement officer.

Just because it's legal does not mean it's commonplace...

It's not.

15-10-2015, 10:38 AM
(15-10-2015 10:30 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 10:26 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ohio is an open-carry State.

So is Michigan.

If you're willing to open carry -- you had damned well better keep your hands away from your gun when talking to a law enforcement officer.

Just because it's legal does not mean it's commonplace...

It's not.

Watch the viddie of how the Michigan police dealt with open-carry. Drunk dude with a gun in his hands. Imminent threat or not? That looks like proper policing to me.

#sigh
15-10-2015, 10:48 AM
Videos buffer forever for me... Sllllloooooowwww connection.

Drunk dude with gun in hands??? A well trained cop will have gun drawn - pointed center mass at threat -- finger OFF trigger on side of weapon -- order subject to drop weapon.

If subject does not comply - it's pretty much up to the officer's judgement of what to do.... If he thinks he can "talk the subject down" -- great.... If the subject gets off a quick lucky shot - and kills the officer -- you're gonna be ok with that???? And what if the subject kills somebody else with random gunfire??? The cop is responsible for that too......

Bottom line -- LEO's HAVE to have some degree of protection from the idiocy that the public subjects them to......

Or -- we can get rid of cops -- and you take care of your own damned self...

15-10-2015, 10:57 AM
Cops drove up and blew a kid away within 2 seconds.

Fuck 'em. They're murderers.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!