Hey remember that 12 year old black kid that got killed by white cops?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2015, 05:08 PM
RE: Hey remember that 12 year old black kid that got killed by white cops?
Quote:Police are human - they can't read minds. They can't make up for other people's stupidity.

Making up for people's stupidity is their job.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
15-10-2015, 05:13 PM
(15-10-2015 04:45 PM)Stevil Wrote:  But the problem is that you have already made up your opinion. It's murder.
Then you only view the defence statements as "excuses".

It's not a "innocent until proven guilty" approach. It's a "Guilty, now don't bother presenting any excuses to me, 'cause you'll only make it worse" approach.

How is it not murder? It seems to me US cops do this an awful lot. Especially to African Americans.

And they always seem to get off scott free.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-10-2015, 05:19 PM
(15-10-2015 05:13 PM)Banjo Wrote:  How is it not murder? It seems to me US cops do this an awful lot. Especially to African Americans.

There does seem to be a problem.

Why do cops need to be so cautious and pull trigger so quickly?
- perhaps because the public have so many handguns, and life is dangerous for a cop.
Why do cops seem to shoot non white people more?
- perhaps there is a perception that non white people are more likely to be dangerous/guilty.
Why is there a perception that ...
15-10-2015, 05:25 PM
(15-10-2015 05:19 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 05:13 PM)Banjo Wrote:  How is it not murder? It seems to me US cops do this an awful lot. Especially to African Americans.

There does seem to be a problem. Unknown.

Why do cops need to be so cautious and pull trigger so quickly? Unknown. Perhaps they are seen as the enemy? But I honestly don't know

- perhaps because the public have so many handguns, and life is dangerous for a cop. With the American attitude to guns, you may well be correct.

Why do cops seem to shoot non white people more?
- perhaps there is a perception that non white people are more likely to be dangerous/guilty. Good question!

Why is there a perception that ... Can't answer unasked question. However if we're talking African Americans, perhaps they see the police for the enemy they are?

Answers in Bold above.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
15-10-2015, 05:40 PM
(15-10-2015 05:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  "Why is there a perception that ..." Can't answer unasked question. However if we're talking African Americans, perhaps they see the police for the enemy they are?
I think there are many reasons, and many questions to be asked.
Perhaps there is a higher percentage of "African Americans" performing crimes?
I don't think the fear is purley based on a racist attitude. But who knows?

Ultimately I think societies have problems with wealth gaps, extreme poverty, resentment culture i.e. harking back to slavery or unfair treatment under treaties etc. Perhaps a cultural difference regarding style of bringing up kids in the home.

For whatever reasons there is this problem.
Each incident aka police shooting an unarmed public, it needs to be assessed on its own merits.
But dealing with incidents won't solve the problem. They need to focus on the causes, of which there are probably many.
15-10-2015, 05:45 PM
(15-10-2015 05:40 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 05:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  "Why is there a perception that ..." Can't answer unasked question. However if we're talking African Americans, perhaps they see the police for the enemy they are?
I think there are many reasons, and many questions to be asked.
Perhaps there is a higher percentage of "African Americans" performing crimes?
I don't think the fear is purley based on a racist attitude. But who knows?

Ultimately I think societies have problems with wealth gaps, extreme poverty, resentment culture i.e. harking back to slavery or unfair treatment under treaties etc. Perhaps a cultural difference regarding style of bringing up kids in the home.

For whatever reasons there is this problem.
Each incident aka police shooting an unarmed public, it needs to be assessed on its own merits.
But dealing with incidents won't solve the problem. They need to focus on the causes, of which there are probably many.

Agreed. I would add racism as a factor as well.

Banjo.
15-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Black Boys Viewed as Older, Less Innocent Than Whites, Research Finds

Police likelier to use force against black children when officers ‘dehumanize’ blacks, study says

http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2...older.aspx

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
15-10-2015, 06:20 PM
I guess we should just nuke America since America is full of corruption and murder and all other countries are perfect and dandy. Stop with the generalizations, it's childish and disrespectful. Believe it or not, a typical American is not a gun toting, government hating hippie. Believe it or not a typical American cop is not racist or a murderer. There are over hundreds of thousands of active police officers, the act of like 10 does not mean all hundreds of thousands deserve the bad image painted onto them because the stupidity of a few. The moment we stop acting like 5 year olds and blaming and calling names and start focusing on how to fix the problem is when these things may start turning around for the better.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
15-10-2015, 06:27 PM
(15-10-2015 06:20 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I guess we should just nuke America since America is full of corruption and murder and all other countries are perfect and dandy. Stop with the generalizations, it's childish and disrespectful. Believe it or not, a typical American is not a gun toting, government hating hippie. Believe it or not a typical American cop is not racist or a murderer. There are over hundreds of thousands of active police officers, the act of like 10 does not mean all hundreds of thousands deserve the bad image painted onto them because the stupidity of a few. The moment we stop acting like 5 year olds and blaming and calling names and start focusing on how to fix the problem is when these things may start turning around for the better.

I'm an American. I'm also an Expert Marksman with rifle and pistol. I ride with and repair motorcycles for police officers for whom I have great respect. That said, no one is claiming that the "typical" American cop is any of those things. However, there is a culture of policing that has clearly gotten out of hand in this country, fed in large part by the (actual) average American's unwillingness to believe that we could be out of control. Watch this interview (or Google others) with ex-cop Michael A. Wood, Jr., a former Marine and former Baltimore police officer, about why and how this happens:

"So it's not that there's a racist cop. It's not that there's like this mass organization, like there's 'oh we have this conspiracy' ..."

(Full version below.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
15-10-2015, 06:31 PM
(15-10-2015 06:27 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 06:20 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I guess we should just nuke America since America is full of corruption and murder and all other countries are perfect and dandy. Stop with the generalizations, it's childish and disrespectful. Believe it or not, a typical American is not a gun toting, government hating hippie. Believe it or not a typical American cop is not racist or a murderer. There are over hundreds of thousands of active police officers, the act of like 10 does not mean all hundreds of thousands deserve the bad image painted onto them because the stupidity of a few. The moment we stop acting like 5 year olds and blaming and calling names and start focusing on how to fix the problem is when these things may start turning around for the better.

I'm an American. I'm also an Expert Marksman with rifle and pistol. I ride with and repair motorcycles for police officers for whom I have great respect. That said, no one is claiming that the "typical" American cop is any of those things. However, there is a culture of policing that has clearly gotten out of hand in this country, fed in large part by the (actual) average American's unwillingness to believe that we could be out of control. Watch this interview (or Google others) with ex-cop Michael A. Wood, Jr., a former Marine and former Baltimore police officer, about why and how this happens:

"So it's not that there's a racist cop. It's not that there's like this mass organization, like there's 'oh we have this conspiracy' ..."

(Full version below.)

I'm not saying there isn't a problem, just tired of people cherry picking the bad things about this country just to give it a bad name.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze