Hey remember that 12 year old black kid that got killed by white cops?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2015, 06:33 PM
RE: Hey remember that 12 year old black kid that got killed by white cops?
(15-10-2015 06:20 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I guess we should just nuke America since America is full of corruption and murder and all other countries are perfect and dandy. Stop with the generalizations, it's childish and disrespectful. Believe it or not, a typical American is not a gun toting, government hating hippie. Believe it or not a typical American cop is not racist or a murderer. There are over hundreds of thousands of active police officers, the act of like 10 does not mean all hundreds of thousands deserve the bad image painted onto them because the stupidity of a few. The moment we stop acting like 5 year olds and blaming and calling names and start focusing on how to fix the problem is when these things may start turning around for the better.

I don't control of the news.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2015, 06:44 PM
(15-10-2015 06:31 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I'm not saying there isn't a problem, just tired of people cherry picking the bad things about this country just to give it a bad name.

Gods don't exist either.

There are more violent civilizations. But these are generally NOT 1st world nations.

And racism is obvious. Just how many cops get off after these incidents?

Oh and I respect the police too. However, not police who kill Indiscriminately.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
16-10-2015, 09:58 AM
The USDOJ has conducted many studies on excessive use of force by cops and they have determined that it is an extensive problem in the USA. They have entered into "consent agreements" with several city police departments, such as Albuquerque, N.M., to have federal monitoring and training of cops. They have linked most of the problem cops to poor training. Many other cities are still under investigation and federal court action is pending. [Usually, the city "confesses" before the federal courts act and consent agreements are entered. That is, the police departments enter plea deals.] There are some cities that have come out of the federal investigations with high marks and they don't have a bunch of dead cops either.

The last I knew, the feds were looking hard at Cleveland so the Tamir Rice shooting could still be on the U.S. Attorney's menu there even though it's off the state grand jury's. At one point, Cleveland had a bunch of cop shootings that looked a lot worse than the Rice shooting. I'm out of the loop on this shit now that I'm retired. I do not miss it.
16-10-2015, 10:23 AM
As I see it -- a large part of the reason we have cops using excessive force -- is we asked for it....

I think some cops took the 80's and 90's "tough on crime" culture as a green light to "do whatever it takes"...

(and of course I know not everyone thought it was a good idea.....)

It also didn't help with the Regan era shutdown of mental health hospitals -- putting a whole bunch of damaged people out on the street for the cops to deal with -- with little or no training.......

Oh -- and that "war on drugs" bit.... "Just say no".... yeah, there's a real fucking plan Nancy..... Nothing like filling up the prisons to over capacity, huh???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.