Hey, remember this toad dick licking bitch?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2017, 02:21 AM
RE: Hey, remember this toad dick licking bitch?
Syz, what the fuck man? So Muslim girls being allowed to wear their cultural head gear is cause for alarm and despondency - because <I have no idea why you think it's so bad>, but gays must just suck it up and fuck off when there's explicit illegal religion based discrimination?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
06-05-2017, 05:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 07:36 AM by julep.)
(05-05-2017 10:39 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 09:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Because why should they have to go somewhere else?
It's not their responsibility that tax payer money is being spent on lawyers because of this, it's 100% the fault of that bitch.

They should've gone elsewhere for exactly the same reasons that women don't go to Catholic hospitals in Australia to get abortions. People who make a big deal out of this sort of pseudo-discrimination, and are too dense to accept that discretion is the better part of valour, waste more of the courts' time and taxpayer money than any other group of whingers.

And I have to ask... why is it that you're so angry about this woman that you've never met? You know zilch about her personal motives, morals or ethics—and yet she seems to incense you, repeatedly, for some unknown reason.

And harking back to what I said before, I'm assuming that you'd go to court if you were a female refused an abortion at a Catholic hospital? Seriously?

—You need to grow up matey.

Others have addressed such points as her being a government official, not a private citizen offering a service but I'm going to talk about the "just go somewhere else, it isn't a big deal" point. Especially in states like Kentucky, it's not as simple as walking over to the next government clerk. When the next government clerk, who is likely to be a Christian, too, hears that Ms. Davis gets to deny marriage licenses, nothing prevents them making the same decision. So while a hetero couple can walk in anywhere and get their license, a gay couple has to call around, maybe travel a couple of hundred miles to find an amenable clerk. They have to spend more time and money to get the same service. That's utterly wrong because it creates a second-class citizen for this group.

Also regarding your point about Catholic hospitals: Catholic hospital chains have been aggressively buying up secular hospital chains in the US over the past couple of decades. There are more than a few areas where the Catholic hospital is the only choice in the region; this is on purpose and is one of the ways the Catholic church is attempting by stealth to take away women's choices. There are more than a few cases where Catholic hospitals, when the choice is between saving the life of a pregnant woman or the fetus, have chosen the fetus over the woman. Even when this goes against the woman's wishes, and even when it's known that the fetus is not going to survive delivery by more than a few hours.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
06-05-2017, 05:52 AM
(06-05-2017 05:36 AM)julep Wrote:  There are more than a few cases where Catholic hospitals, when the choice is between saving the life of a pregnant woman or the fetus, have chosen the fetus over the woman. Even when this goes against the woman's wishes, and even when it's known that the fetus is not going to survive delivery by more than a few hours.

That's horrifying... are doctors really OK with this? Hippocratic oath means nothing to them?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-05-2017, 06:48 AM
(06-05-2017 05:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 05:36 AM)julep Wrote:  There are more than a few cases where Catholic hospitals, when the choice is between saving the life of a pregnant woman or the fetus, have chosen the fetus over the woman. Even when this goes against the woman's wishes, and even when it's known that the fetus is not going to survive delivery by more than a few hours.

That's horrifying... are doctors really OK with this? Hippocratic oath means nothing to them?

I imagine the rationalizations go along this platitude-strewn path: Better for the woman to die Heaven-bound than to live with the sin and be Hell-bound. God will sort it out. Also, if God wanted to, He could miraculously save both the woman and child's lives, so maybe that will happen. At any rate, it's all part of God's plan, because (all together now) everything happens for a reason.

Plus if they go against hospital policy they'll be fired.
06-05-2017, 11:45 AM
(05-05-2017 11:04 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 10:39 AM)SYZ Wrote:  They should've gone elsewhere for exactly the same reasons that women don't go to Catholic hospitals in Australia to get abortions...

Because she is/was a County Clerk paid by taxpayer money to do one (very easy, vastly overpaid) job for the people in the county who pay her salary...

Who precisely pays a person's salary actually has very little to do with it. As a matter of interest, Catholic hospitals and Catholic schools here in Australia receive taxpayer funding that runs into billions of dollars. For example, Catholic schools receive more than 70% of their running costs from the government—and which is currently restricting the sufficient funding of state-run secular schools (due to 15/16 federal budget shortfalls).

Does that mean that a pregnant woman can demand an abortion at a Catholic hospital—even though a refusal contravenes the Equal Opportunities and Discrimination Acts? No, she can't. She also can't demand an abortion from a Catholic MD, if it contravenes his/her medical beliefs—again despite the fact that taxpayer money forms a large part of any/all MD's income (via Medicare servicing rebates from the federal government).

—As an aside, I'd also be interested as to why you claim that county clerks are underworked and overpaid. I don't know one way or the other, but I'd be interested in some facts and figures from the US.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
06-05-2017, 11:58 AM
(06-05-2017 05:36 AM)julep Wrote:  Others have addressed such points as her being a government official, not a private citizen offering a service but I'm going to talk about the "just go somewhere else, it isn't a big deal" point. Especially in states like Kentucky, it's not as simple as walking over to the next government clerk. When the next government clerk, who is likely to be a Christian, too, hears that Ms. Davis gets to deny marriage licenses, nothing prevents them making the same decision.

I must admit that I didn't know that the US was so far behind the rest of the Western world as far as freedom of choice and discrimination were concerned. I also find it difficult—in the US—that anybody would have to make a 400-mile round trip (725km) just to get a marriage license. Seriously? In the 21st century. (I'd like to see some citations confirming this.)

Quote:There are more than a few cases where Catholic hospitals, when the choice is between saving the life of a pregnant woman or the fetus, have chosen the fetus over the woman. Even when this goes against the woman's wishes, and even when it's known that the fetus is not going to survive delivery by more than a few hours.

I just can't believe this. Citation please.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
06-05-2017, 12:37 PM
(06-05-2017 11:58 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 05:36 AM)julep Wrote:  Others have addressed such points as her being a government official, not a private citizen offering a service but I'm going to talk about the "just go somewhere else, it isn't a big deal" point. Especially in states like Kentucky, it's not as simple as walking over to the next government clerk. When the next government clerk, who is likely to be a Christian, too, hears that Ms. Davis gets to deny marriage licenses, nothing prevents them making the same decision.

I must admit that I didn't know that the US was so far behind the rest of the Western world as far as freedom of choice and discrimination were concerned. I also find it difficult—in the US—that anybody would have to make a 400-mile round trip (725km) just to get a marriage license. Seriously? In the 21st century. (I'd like to see some citations confirming this.)

Quote:There are more than a few cases where Catholic hospitals, when the choice is between saving the life of a pregnant woman or the fetus, have chosen the fetus over the woman. Even when this goes against the woman's wishes, and even when it's known that the fetus is not going to survive delivery by more than a few hours.

I just can't believe this. Citation please.

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com...pregnancy/
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...zcfREpqfsw
https://www.aclu.org/blog/speak-freely/o...-emergency

Regarding Kentucky, I don't know how widespread the "conscientious objector" position was among the county clerks, but the county clerks are government officials, not religious officials, and are the only people in the state with the power to issue marriage licenses. If Ms. Davis's bigotry had been supported by the state, many more clerks could have followed suit. A couple of articles said there were about 3-4 clerks of approximately 120 through the state who were also refusing to issue SS marriage licenses at the time. This means that, yes, if a gay couple had gone to Ms. Davis's office and been denied, they would have been able to find a different location and provider, say 10 miles away. This still involves more than double the effort of a straight couple and increases the expense, even if only by costing extra for gas and wasting the couple's time in terms of the first visit.

It seems you're pretty tolerant of inconvenience/differential treatment when it comes to a situation you'll never face, so I have a hypothetical:

What if you were getting a passport and went to your post office or wherever you do such things and the clerk said, "I have a conscientious objection to passports for atheists. You'll have to go to the next town over, maybe they'll help you there." Is that okay with you? It wouldn't be okay with me.
[+] 6 users Like julep's post
06-05-2017, 12:51 PM
(06-05-2017 11:45 AM)SYZ Wrote:  —As an aside, I'd also be interested as to why you claim that county clerks are underworked and overpaid. I don't know one way or the other, but I'd be interested in some facts and figures from the US.

Facepalm Not county clerks (plural), just this particular one.
In the USA, the office of a County Clerk is an elected office in some places, appointed in others. Both duties and salaries vary from one county to the next, and even more so from one state to the next. There can be one person in the office, or several. In general, the County Clerk is the record-keeper for the county - births, deaths, marriages, voter registration, etc.

In my own county (population 203,000 in 2010) there is a County Clerk (elected) with a salary of about $45k per year, in a county where average salaries for all workers is about $46k/year. There are 3 Assistant Clerks. Our County Clerk both supervises the other three, and handles registrations/inquiries when there is a lot of activity in the office.

In Rowan County, Kentucky (population 23,300 in 2010) the County Clerk (Kim Davis) is elected, with a salary of $80k per year, in a county where the average salary for all workers is about $32k/year. There are 5-6 Assistant Clerks, who do all of the registrations/inquiries. That's what makes her overpaid and underworked.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/29993556/why-k...unty-clerk
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
06-05-2017, 08:40 PM
(06-05-2017 11:45 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 11:04 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  Because she is/was a County Clerk paid by taxpayer money to do one (very easy, vastly overpaid) job for the people in the county who pay her salary...

Who precisely pays a person's salary actually has very little to do with it. As a matter of interest, Catholic hospitals and Catholic schools here in Australia receive taxpayer funding that runs into billions of dollars. For example, Catholic schools receive more than 70% of their running costs from the government—and which is currently restricting the sufficient funding of state-run secular schools (due to 15/16 federal budget shortfalls).

Does that mean that a pregnant woman can demand an abortion at a Catholic hospital—even though a refusal contravenes the Equal Opportunities and Discrimination Acts? No, she can't. She also can't demand an abortion from a Catholic MD, if it contravenes his/her medical beliefs—again despite the fact that taxpayer money forms a large part of any/all MD's income (via Medicare servicing rebates from the federal government).

—As an aside, I'd also be interested as to why you claim that county clerks are underworked and overpaid. I don't know one way or the other, but I'd be interested in some facts and figures from the US.

Again, you don't understand (because you're an idiot).
A Catholic hospital is a PRIVATE hospital. Yes, they receive government funding but that doesn't mean they represent the government. It just means the government has decided that the service they're providing is worthy of extra funding.

This lady was a REPERSENTIVE of the State and therefore must REPRESENT the State and follow the law.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
07-05-2017, 08:12 AM
(06-05-2017 12:37 PM)julep Wrote:  ... It seems you're pretty tolerant of inconvenience/differential treatment when it comes to a situation you'll never face ...

#3 of the 56,732 worst attributes of human nature.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post