Hey y'all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Hey y'all
Good afternoon, everyone! I wanted to introduce myself to y'all and let everyone know how thankful I am for the work TTA does and the community it helps to form.

I always had a weak faith; so many things I was told to believe that just never made much sense. As a science student, I struggled to squeeze god into my understandings. I did this very thing for years. Eventually, I felt silly trying to merge faith and science. Inserting god into everything seemed inappropriate and insincere to me. The truth is, there is absolutely no known evidence for the existence of any kind of god, and after reaching that realization, I couldn't hold on to my beleif any longer. It was tough; a good long while suffering cognitive dissonance, but I feel like I've grown out of my faith to see the universe as it really is. A natural, beautiful and enormous place that is governed by things I can understand and see and measure and share with others. I don't need god in my life. I don't have to reconcile what I know and what I hope is true.

Well, that's my introduction. I'll see y'all around!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Senpai's post
27-07-2014, 02:06 PM
RE: Hey y'all
Hey back...you must be from the south.

Welcome to our little corner of the world.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-07-2014, 02:08 PM
(27-07-2014 01:43 PM)Senpai Wrote:  Good afternoon, everyone! I wanted to introduce myself to y'all and let everyone know how thankful I am for the work TTA does and the community it helps to form.

I always had a weak faith; so many things I was told to believe that just never made much sense. As a science student, I struggled to squeeze god into my understandings. I did this very thing for years. Eventually, I felt silly trying to merge faith and science. Inserting god into everything seemed inappropriate and insincere to me. The truth is, there is absolutely no known evidence for the existence of any kind of god, and after reaching that realization, I couldn't hold on to my beleif any longer. It was tough; a good long while suffering cognitive dissonance, but I feel like I've grown out of my faith to see the universe as it really is. A natural, beautiful and enormous place that is governed by things I can understand and see and measure and share with others. I don't need god in my life. I don't have to reconcile what I know and what I hope is true.

Well, that's my introduction. I'll see y'all around!

Welcome!

That story mirrors what a lot of atheists go through. One day they realize gods don't make sense. The only exception to that rule is the Golf GODS. Don't piss them off. They make trees waves their limbs to snag your shots. They render golf balls invisible. They use the wind to push your shots towards hazards.

I experience these things every time I play, so I KNOW they exist. Bastards!
Crap there goes tomorrows game.
[+] 3 users Like RogueWarrior's post
27-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Haaay!

Yep, I live in the south too. Smile

Welcome to TTA!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
27-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. And yes, I hail from Georgia in the bible belt!
[+] 1 user Likes Senpai's post
28-07-2014, 10:57 PM
Konbanwa senpai! Omedeto!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
29-07-2014, 12:10 AM
(27-07-2014 03:05 PM)Senpai Wrote:  Thanks for the warm welcome. And yes, I hail from Georgia in the bible belt!

Same. Welcome!
29-07-2014, 01:15 PM
[Image: tumblr_m8dfoyDGoK1qenlr5o1_500.gif]
SE-SEENNPAAAIII!! (sorry I just had to)

Welcome to the forum, Science-Senpai! I, too, hail from the Bible Belt except I'm just a lil' north of you. Good ol' Missouri. Anyways, glad you could find your way here and hope you enjoy your stay! Big Grin

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
29-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
29-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Welcome to the forum! Here are your complimentary doughnuts!

[Image: dsc_0120.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze