Hey y'all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2014, 05:44 AM
RE: Hey y'all
Welcome.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2014, 02:08 PM
[Image: all-you-need-is-love_o_3621529.webp]

Welcome to TTA

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-08-2014, 07:40 PM
(27-07-2014 02:08 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  
(27-07-2014 01:43 PM)Senpai Wrote:  Good afternoon, everyone! I wanted to introduce myself to y'all and let everyone know how thankful I am for the work TTA does and the community it helps to form.

I always had a weak faith; so many things I was told to believe that just never made much sense. As a science student, I struggled to squeeze god into my understandings. I did this very thing for years. Eventually, I felt silly trying to merge faith and science. Inserting god into everything seemed inappropriate and insincere to me. The truth is, there is absolutely no known evidence for the existence of any kind of god, and after reaching that realization, I couldn't hold on to my beleif any longer. It was tough; a good long while suffering cognitive dissonance, but I feel like I've grown out of my faith to see the universe as it really is. A natural, beautiful and enormous place that is governed by things I can understand and see and measure and share with others. I don't need god in my life. I don't have to reconcile what I know and what I hope is true.

Well, that's my introduction. I'll see y'all around!

Welcome!

That story mirrors what a lot of atheists go through. One day they realize gods don't make sense. The only exception to that rule is the Golf GODS. Don't piss them off. They make trees waves their limbs to snag your shots. They render golf balls invisible. They use the wind to push your shots towards hazards.

I experience these things every time I play, so I KNOW they exist. Bastards!
Crap there goes tomorrows game.

As an update to this, I played 2 games on vacation. The first being so so.
The second being the worst game I have ever played. If I were to count all the balls I hit from the 6th tee, I believe that more score would have been somewhere north of 50, for 1 hole!

DONT PISS OFF THE GOLF GODS
10-08-2014, 08:44 PM
Hey bro! Good to see ya! Welcome to the most exciting and interesting corner of the Internet! I hope this Website enhances your life as it has mine. There is much to learn here. We all look forward to getting to know you and enjoying your contributions!

Have a welcome Cookie: Big Grin
[Image: IE-11-Cookies.jpeg]
11-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Welcome and congradulations on your newly found conclusions! Look forward to your posts here at the forum!Smile

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
11-08-2014, 03:08 PM
(27-07-2014 01:43 PM)Senpai Wrote:  Good afternoon, everyone! I wanted to introduce myself to y'all and let everyone know how thankful I am for the work TTA does and the community it helps to form.

I always had a weak faith; so many things I was told to believe that just never made much sense. As a science student, I struggled to squeeze god into my understandings. I did this very thing for years. Eventually, I felt silly trying to merge faith and science. Inserting god into everything seemed inappropriate and insincere to me. The truth is, there is absolutely no known evidence for the existence of any kind of god, and after reaching that realization, I couldn't hold on to my beleif any longer. It was tough; a good long while suffering cognitive dissonance, but I feel like I've grown out of my faith to see the universe as it really is. A natural, beautiful and enormous place that is governed by things I can understand and see and measure and share with others. I don't need god in my life. I don't have to reconcile what I know and what I hope is true.

Well, that's my introduction. I'll see y'all around!

Welcome to the sane side of the web, enjoy your stay. Checkout the podcasts, read a few threads, the rules and enjoy your stay Smile

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)