Hey yo, what happened?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Hey yo, what happened?
Did all those bots scare you away?

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2010, 01:41 PM
RE: Hey yo, what happened?
No. This is what I was talking about back during martinb59's first visit, when the topic of debate was whether or not he should be banned.
A forum without the voice of the opposition has no reason to exist. Unless we have theists here to talk and argue with, to start discussion, there's really nothing for us to talk about here.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
17-05-2010, 01:48 PM
True. Maybe we should try advertising our forum on theist sites.

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
17-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Or anywhere, really. Tongue

- Terry Pratchett
17-05-2010, 04:56 PM

umm no i'd rather be a bit more selective. i wouldnt wanna waste my time with some retarded redneck blabbering on about the same dogmas. who is completely immune to our reason due to a extra thick coat of ignorance and stupidity.

if i wanna listen to retarded comments i'll just talk to my classmates. they at least spin it around to make it fun to listen to. i'm already slightly annoyed with martin sidestepping issues. i dont want someone around who doesnt even understand the issue at hand. i'd prefer martin anyday, he gets it but chooses to plead the fifth.
Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2010, 05:12 PM
(17-05-2010 04:56 PM)ulfark Wrote:  umm no i'd rather be a bit more selective. i wouldnt wanna waste my time with some retarded redneck blabbering on about the same dogmas. who is completely immune to our reason due to a extra thick coat of ignorance and stupidity.

if i wanna listen to retarded comments i'll just talk to my classmates. they at least spin it around to make it fun to listen to. i'm already slightly annoyed with martin sidestepping issues. i dont want someone around who doesnt even understand the issue at hand. i'd prefer martin anyday, he gets it but chooses to plead the fifth.

The problem is obvious, though: without people like martin to provide us with something to talk about, we have nothing to do here.

- Terry Pratchett
17-05-2010, 05:22 PM
(17-05-2010 05:12 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  The problem is obvious, though: without people like martin to provide us with something to talk about, we have nothing to do here.

There is always philosophy and politics?

Find all posts by this user
17-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Which we tend to agree on. So we sit around and nod.

- Terry Pratchett
17-05-2010, 08:01 PM
I agree that we should advertise on other sites. We need people to debate with.
Find all posts by this user
18-05-2010, 12:35 AM
I have an idea.

One of us might volunteer to play the 'undercover agent', or 'secret recruiter'. Then s/he would register on random theist sites and pretend to be a devout Christian appalled by this 'cesspool of unbelievers, pagans, heretics and satanists' (or whatever other adjectives commonly used to describe atheists in certain circles), urging fellow men and women of faith onto Christ to take action and 'rescue' these poor souls from the pits of hell etc. However, notice should be made that these 'sinners' only listen to the voice of reason, so they should be approached with caution and only by those with considerable intellectual capacities, otherwise there is the risk of being banned/derided. This way, there should be at least a few from each site that would be willing to join our forum and thus provide us with valuable debate material and sources of fun.

So, what do you think, could this work, or is it a bad plan altogether?