Heya!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Heya!
Hey all,

Just stumble upon this site while trying to take my mind away from the frustration of dealing with the overly religious Christians in my life.

ALERT: Every little of intro and a whole bunch of rants!

I don't really have an overly interesting story. Was born to a buddhist family who doesn't really care if I am a buddhist, christian, or atheist as long as I live a good and productive life. Went around and explore different religions back when I was a teen and found some really awesome friends in a church that I visited. Coming from a country where being an atheist is being frown upon and your personal religion is printed on everyone's ID card, I had Christianity printed on my ID although I never prayed to god, I hardly goes to church and everyone who know me knows that Christmas is the day where I spent my time sleeping.

Everything is fine until my friends (knew them for close to 10 years) found out that I believe in evolution (:shockingSmile and I identify myself as an atheist (Gasp Isn't it weird that they are ok that I never did all things Christian as long as I identify myself as a Christian). Nowadays, I'm dealing with my friends who are convinced that I've been tempted by the devil (no good people will spend their life slaving away for science) and I need to be saved. So here I am looking for a breather after trying to convince them that I'm slaving away in lab to get my PhD and I enjoyed the feeling of being there and of discovering something new that no other human knew about (however insignificant it maybe).

Sometimes I wonder if we'll ever talk about random things like the weather or food or that movie I watch ever again and just be friends without all the "I need to be saved or I'll be tortured forever" crap.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: Heya!
Welcome ari,

There are many good place to rant here.

Let it out... let it out!

Big Grin

09-03-2015, 11:01 PM
Welcome!
10-03-2015, 09:34 AM
(09-03-2015 10:54 PM)ari-019 Wrote:  Hey all,

Just stumble upon this site while trying to take my mind away from the frustration of dealing with the overly religious Christians in my life.

I don't really have an overly interesting story. Was born to a buddhist family who doesn't really care if I am a buddhist, christian, or atheist as long as I live a good and productive life. Went around and explore different religions back when I was a teen and found some really awesome friends in a church that I visited. Coming from a country where being an atheist is being frown upon and your personal religion is printed on everyone's ID card, I had Christianity printed on my ID although I never prayed to god, I hardly goes to church and everyone who know me knows that Christmas is the day where I spent my time sleeping.

Everything is fine until my friends (knew them for close to 10 years) found out that I believe in evolution (:shockingSmile and I identify myself as an atheist (Gasp Isn't it weird that they are ok that I never did all things Christian as long as I identify myself as a Christian). Nowadays, I'm dealing with my friends who are convinced that I've been tempted by the devil (no good people will spend their life slaving away for science) and I need to be saved. So here I am looking for a breather after trying to convince them that I'm slaving away in lab to get my PhD and I enjoyed the feeling of being there and of discovering something new that no other human knew about (however insignificant it maybe).

Sometimes I wonder if we'll ever talk about random things like the weather or food or that movie I watch ever again and just be friends without all the "I need to be saved or I'll be tortured forever" crap.

Welcome.

If things continue to get worse with your Christian friends, we are always here. This is a great place to be social and make some new friends who are like-minded.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
10-03-2015, 08:02 PM
(10-03-2015 09:34 AM)Free Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 10:54 PM)ari-019 Wrote:  Hey all,

Welcome.

If things continue to get worse with your Christian friends, we are always here. This is a great place to be social and make some new friends who are like-minded.

Thanks for the support. Its really hard dealing with someone who refuses to reason.
12-03-2015, 03:26 AM
Heya!
You have the option not to deal with them but laugh at them.

[Image: 94ac8d18ef2ad4f05fd8aa3a3dc81bc0.jpg]

...and welcome.
12-03-2015, 11:07 AM
Hello! Big Grin
12-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Hi Ari, glad you found this site. Rant all you need to ... we'll probably listen and most likely Yes

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein