Heyllo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2016, 10:55 PM
RE: Heyllo
(09-10-2016 09:42 PM)KitCat Wrote:  jennybee,
Thank you! And that's pretty cool. I always wondered what it would be like to have a grandparent who practiced witch craft going up. I used to do a lot of yoga, I've been meaning to get back into it again. It's a great way to unwind. The warrior poses and the crow have been my favorites so far. Do you have any favorites?

Astreja,
Thank you! That's awesome. I never looked religions or beliefs in that way before. That's a great way to look at it! When I was trying out witchcraft, I would try out different practices and set up tests. They all flunked beautifully and that's when I realized it wasn't any more real than Christianity.

Marozz,
Thank you! That's pretty cool.

Szuchow,
Thank you!

That's pretty cool. I know quite a few people who follow the Norse religions. When I was practicing witchcraft, I didn't look at gods or goddesses as "spirits" to follow, just a "guide" to help people out in their life journey. I've always enjoyed learning about mythology too. Do you have any favorite gods or goddesses?

Pablo,
Thank you!

Fireball,
Thank you! And I have always thought that interesting too. I've seen it as a label parallel to what dysfunctional families give to the "black sheep" of their crew.

Paleophyte,
Thank you!

I really love all of the poses, sometimes my favorites vary. Right now I really like dragonfly and mermaid. Warrior and crow are also some of my faves Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2016, 12:22 AM
RE: Heyllo
(09-10-2016 09:42 PM)KitCat Wrote:  Szuchow,
Thank you!

No problem.

(09-10-2016 09:42 PM)KitCat Wrote:  That's pretty cool. I know quite a few people who follow the Norse religions. When I was practicing witchcraft, I didn't look at gods or goddesses as "spirits" to follow, just a "guide" to help people out in their life journey. I've always enjoyed learning about mythology too. Do you have any favorite gods or goddesses?

Tyr and Odin probably.

If by chance you know Polish then there is interesting portrayal of Norse religion and customs in works of Ɓukasz Malinowski, historian specialized in middle aged Scandinavia. Edda gave only small glimpses into such and his books despite being fiction enriched my understanding.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply