• 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: Hi
(09-04-2013 04:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 04:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome to the journey. Consider

[Image: funny-gif-sheep-chewing-gum.gif]

Were you going to say something, KC?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
09-04-2013, 06:49 PM
(09-04-2013 12:00 PM)Journey Wrote:  Saying Hi to you all. I'm new. I was a Christian. I underwent the painful process of de-conversion several years ago and now consider myself a Deist. I'm here to hear the atheists' reasons for thinking there is no god. I hope I will be welcome here. I may end up being an atheist, I don't know at this point. I found this forum after listening to Seth's audiobook "DeConverted".

Wasn't painful for me at all, more like cathartic, but that was some 35 years ago now. But we each go through the delirium tremens differently, I suppose. There are plenty of what I would call "nontraditional" atheists here. HouseOfCantor is the prophet of Gwyneth Paltrow. Ego® is an evangelical who's started his own religion based on some bizarre twisted amalgamation of Berkeley's Idealism, the anthropic principle, and The Christ, while being completely and blissfully ignorant of what any of those even mean. DLJ also has expressed his opinion that there is a God, but it is entirely artificial and man-made. I mean hell, even Girly's his own personal Jesus, my own personal Lord and Savior, guess that would make me a "meist". Plenty of leg room for deists around here. Just 'cause "man made God" don't mean the concept is rendered immediately useless to be dismissed out of hand.

Welcome to the Monkey House! ... Enjoy your stay.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Sorry to waste your time. I realize after all that I am looking for a community of like-minded people. I did get an explanation for why atheists do not think there is a god and that was my main objective here.

Thank you for your good-natured welcome and an explanation to my question. I find myself at odds with your worldview and will now exit this forum.
09-04-2013, 07:21 PM
(09-04-2013 07:06 PM)Journey Wrote:  Sorry to waste your time. I realize after all that I am looking for a community of like-minded people. I did get an explanation for why atheists do not think there is a god and that was my main objective here.

Thank you for your good-natured welcome and an explanation to my question. I find myself at odds with your worldview and will now exit this forum.

I suspect your decision is premature. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2013, 07:36 PM
(09-04-2013 07:06 PM)Journey Wrote:  Sorry to waste your time. I realize after all that I am looking for a community of like-minded people. I did get an explanation for why atheists do not think there is a god and that was my main objective here.

Whatever set you at odds with the subject of atheism, I hope you take some time to examine it and in and of it yourself, for it is the journey of self-discovery you're on, isn't it? I haven't read or listened to Seths book, but maybe listening to it again may help you identify what it is you're at odds with, and help you come to terms with it.

Whatever you chose to do, I hope you chose what makes you the most happy. Shy

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
09-04-2013, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 08:20 PM by GirlyMan.)

Damn, was it something I said? I hate when that happens. ... Is my fly open? ... Oh my dear fuck yes it is and my little dick is hanging out. That explains it, I can't blame them for excusing themselves and taking their leave. Hell, I would too. Big Grin

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
09-04-2013, 08:39 PM
(09-04-2013 08:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Damn, was it something I said? I hate when that happens. ... Is my fly open? ... Oh my dear fuck yes it is and my little dick is hanging out. That explains it, I can't blame them for excusing themselves and taking their leave. Hell, I would too. Big Grin

Nope, nothing to do with Elvis leaving the building...you mentioned Egor dammit!

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
10-04-2013, 07:54 AM
(09-04-2013 05:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 04:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  [Image: funny-gif-sheep-chewing-gum.gif]

Were you going to say something, KC?

My gif isn't showing?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
12-04-2013, 01:14 AM
(09-04-2013 12:00 PM)Journey Wrote:  Saying Hi to you all. I'm new. I was a Christian. I underwent the painful process of de-conversion several years ago and now consider myself a Deist. I'm here to hear the atheists' reasons for thinking there is no god. I hope I will be welcome here. I may end up being an atheist, I don't know at this point. I found this forum after listening to Seth's audiobook "DeConverted".

There are many likeyou out there...including me. Nice to meet you. My name is Rachel. I like pie.Cool

“You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head.”