Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2014, 09:26 AM
RE: Hi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 09:28 AM
Here you go. You have to get 50+ posts in before the infinite discussion starts, though.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
03-01-2014, 09:29 AM
(03-01-2014 09:17 AM)djkamilo Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 09:14 AM)Seldon Wrote:  Thanks all btw! I am looking for any literature/videos/podcasts etc etc regarding the nature of infinity and our relationship with it as beings that have a definite birth and death. Sorry, I know that is pretty specific. I don't know where to start lol!

I recommend talking to Chippy and DLJ in regards to this. They deal with philosophical stuff like this at the academic level.
Where are they when you need them?

Yeah, it's Chippy's fault/helpfulness why I have been waffling on about free will for the last 2 months and bending my mind with the Daniel Dennett stuff. He helped me loads with that and in a few months I'll have some questions for him Smile ... DLJ will help with everything too! He seems nice like that Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 3 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
03-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Ha! 50+ posts?! Hope you like picture of cats (I kid)... Thank you, appreciate it :-)
[+] 3 users Like Seldon's post
03-01-2014, 09:57 AM
(03-01-2014 09:14 AM)Seldon Wrote:  Thanks all btw! I am looking for any literature/videos/podcasts etc etc regarding the nature of infinity and our relationship with it as beings that have a definite birth and death. Sorry, I know that is pretty specific. I don't know where to start lol!

Welcome. Do you understand the nature of infinity in mathematics?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2014, 10:50 AM
I've actually just been reading your posts on the subject Chas and I have just ordered myself a copy of Cantor's Mathematics and Philosophy of the Infinite. I will have to come back to this after a bit of reading. To date my understanding of infinite was the classical 'without limit' definition. Looks like I came to the right place!
[+] 1 user Likes Seldon's post