Hi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Hi
Hello,
my name is Elena.
I came to atheism after being one of the responders to the 2010 Haiti earthquake. I have never been a real believer and church was never too important for me. Though I have been full blown atheist for almost 5 years, I never came out to my family. My parents would simply not understand it and either way they don't care about religion.
I don't have any atheist friends so I am really looking to form a few connections with minded like people.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2014, 08:22 PM
RE: Hi
(23-08-2014 08:01 PM)Elenambass Wrote:  Hello,
my name is Elena.
I came to atheism after being one of the responders to the 2010 Haiti earthquake. I have never been a real believer and church was never too important for me. Though I have been full blown atheist for almost 5 years, I never came out to my family. My parents would simply not understand it and either way they don't care about religion.
I don't have any atheist friends so I am really looking to form a few connections with minded like people.

welcome Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
24-08-2014, 12:09 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-08-2014, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2014 08:20 AM by DLJ.)
(23-08-2014 08:01 PM)Elenambass Wrote:  ... I am really looking to form a few connections with minded like people.

Welcome Elena.

Very few of us are minded. But some of us probably should be.

But don't mind me Wink

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-08-2014, 04:22 AM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2014 08:20 AM by DLJ.)
(24-08-2014 01:20 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-08-2014 08:01 PM)Elenambass Wrote:  ... I am really looking to form a few connections with minded like people.

Welcome Elena.

Very few of us are minded. But some of us probably should be.

But don't mind me Wink

Yeah, don't mind him. He is the resident flirt... Sleepy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-08-2014, 04:52 AM
(23-08-2014 08:01 PM)Elenambass Wrote:  Hello,
my name is Elena.

Welcome Elena, I hope you find our humble home for heathens to be suitable to your connection needs, and that you have a pleasant and informative stay.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Greetings, Elena just happens to be one of my favorite names. Big Grin

[Image: giphy.gif]
24-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
24-08-2014, 09:19 AM
[Image: picgifs-welcome-2-5916266.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Welcome, pull up a chair and join right in! Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man