Hi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2015, 08:20 AM
Hi
Hi im delano,

I have had a strongly religious upbrinigin, my parents and most of my family are jehovas witnessess and those that are not still like to say that it is the truth (god knows why heheh Hobo )

I have always been a sceptical person even as a kid, but i was trapped ofcourse by my parents and my upbringin hating gay people and abortion and such thiings.

But im happy that i turned around with help from my gf as well as having a baby and great in law's.

I now see things for what they are and am some what of an anti religion person. My parents and i are not really speaking that much but my dad often tries to convert me, and of course when i throw science in there its wrong and the scientists are not to be trusted unless they agree with them. Its quite crazy and i laugh about it after a while and after bein pissed off.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes d3lano's post
09-03-2015, 08:34 AM
RE: Hi
(09-03-2015 08:20 AM)d3lano Wrote:  Hi im delano,

I have had a strongly religious upbrinigin, my parents and most of my family are jehovas witnessess and those that are not still like to say that it is the truth (god knows why heheh Hobo )

I have always been a sceptical person even as a kid, but i was trapped ofcourse by my parents and my upbringin hating gay people and abortion and such thiings.

But im happy that i turned around with help from my gf as well as having a baby and great in law's.

I now see things for what they are and am some what of an anti religion person. My parents and i are not really speaking that much but my dad often tries to convert me, and of course when i throw science in there its wrong and the scientists are not to be trusted unless they agree with them. Its quite crazy and i laugh about it after a while and after bein pissed off.

Welcome to TTA. It is interesting that you were able to resist the indoctrination.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Welcome aboard.

Consider

I wonder why we don't have a "Should I Laugh Or Cry?" thread.

Maybe you can start one?

Big Grin Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
09-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Welcome aboard! Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
09-03-2015, 09:13 AM
Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2015, 09:28 AM
Quote:Welcome to TTA. It is interesting that you were able to resist the indoctrination.

I have to say that it wasnt really resist as it was waking up years later, it has helpt me that i always was quite sceptical but only when i decided to stop. When i was a child and wend along with my parents my mind always felt as a burdon.Because even though i kind of believed it was always verry hard for me

And as a direct consequence of my parents belive i wasnt stimulated by them to get a proper education (this is the reason i only now graduated at 26 from college).
09-03-2015, 09:34 AM
welcome to TTA. Smile

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
09-03-2015, 09:52 AM
Hey there D3lano - good to have you here.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
10-03-2015, 09:36 AM
(09-03-2015 08:20 AM)d3lano Wrote:  Hi im delano,

Welcome!

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.