Hi.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2016, 09:54 AM
RE: Hi.
Welcome to our fun and funny forum. I was on a ship once, crossing the English Channel. I got sea sick though. Yuck.

Where's that goofy icon. Oh, here it is! The Titanic----->Rainbow Vomit

Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
25-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Welcome aboard.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
25-02-2016, 10:42 AM
Let's see. Consider

- On the forum for 3 minutes 8 seconds.
- Only one post.
- Gone since then.

Drive-by? You decide.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-02-2016, 11:52 AM
(25-02-2016 10:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  - Only one post.
- Gone since then.

no surprise. that post is from
Quote:Today, 05:05 AM

I think he will write more Smile

welcome Godship Drinking Beverage

The best thing about atheism is, since it's a LACK of belief, it can't be wrong.

The worst thing about atheism is, since it's a LACK of belief, it can't be right.
25-02-2016, 12:49 PM
(25-02-2016 11:52 AM)thatoneguy Wrote:  
(25-02-2016 10:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  - Only one post.
- Gone since then.

no surprise. that post is from
Quote:Today, 05:05 AM

What post is from today at 5:05? Not Godship's.

Quote:I think he will write more Smile

I doubt it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-02-2016, 01:00 PM
(25-02-2016 12:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-02-2016 11:52 AM)thatoneguy Wrote:  no surprise. that post is from

What post is from today at 5:05? Not Godship's.

That depends on what timezone you are in.

Quote:
Quote:I think he will write more Smile

I doubt it.

I think it's a bit too early to tell and would give it a couple of days. I also hope GS comes back because I'd really like to learn why it is reasonable to continue believing when you test the belief and both positive and negative results are taken as confirmation.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
25-02-2016, 01:57 PM
(24-02-2016 10:05 PM)Godship Wrote:  I believe in God, and I believe in Godship--relationship, not religion. I believe a Godship is individualized to each person, just like any relationship. You wouldn't have the same relationship w/Bob as I would, but Bob is still Bob.
I am also a Christian, but don't believe non-Christians are evil or something. My religion is a part of how I grow my Godship and learn OF God, but I have to get to KNOW Him for myself.
I don't see my belief as a gamble. Aiming to do good, not harm others, and stay strong in "bad" times--hopefully that's universal. Some people are more selfish & less considerate than others, but being "a good person" isn't a religious thing. I've had experiences where I've said, "Ok, God, show me you're real & please do this," & something happens in the affirmative. When what I want doesn't happen, I still believe b/c it's realistic that everyone won't always get his/her way. I tried-- I keep my faith.
There are definitely a lot of things I don't know, probably won't ever know, am still learning, and need to learn; but that's not a theist thing-- that's a human thing.
I would con't, but I think I'll stop or this might not get read if it's too long. (lol)
Love, Peace, & Godship
~J.D.
Link removed cos reasons

Welcome.

Interesting intro. I look forward to reading your assertions outside of the intro thread.

Perhaps if I have time we can discuss your interpretation of god sometime, and which created by man god you are referring to. We can analyze how is it possible that one can have a relationship with an alleged invisible being that resides in the magical transcendental world.... both of which lack any substantiating evidence. We can take a peek together at what the difference is between an actual relationship and something of ones own....introspective creation.

I note you state you are a Christian, and I wonder if you realize that not only is there no evidence of a miracle performing "Christ" for which the religion is based upon, but the inconvenient fact that not one person who EVER wrote of "Christ" actually knew him...thus the religion is based completely on....stories, and people love to tell stories.

Maybe I can help you decipher the differences between BELIEF and KNOWLEDGE of what is "real". One does not necessarily beget the other. We can talk about understanding the differences between causation and correlation. If, for a quick example, I ask the great pumpkin to please help me make it to work on time, and I do, that is not evidence that the great pumpkin exists. I am correlating asking for the great pumpkins help, and the apparent answering of my fervent prayer to mean the causation of my answered prayer is the great pumpkin, and thus proof of its existence.....see how that works? But I digress, this is not the place for philosophical conversations or discussions.

We have plenty of time in other threads to flesh this out. Start a thread, endeavor to help us understand your worldview, and the methodology you used to reach such conclusions. I enjoy helping those who are seeking knowledge. Perhaps we can learn some new things together. Glad you found us, you must have been seeking thinking atheists or you wouldn't be here, and thinking atheists is what you will find. Come, join us in conversation...

Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
25-02-2016, 03:45 PM
This is the first thing that popped in my head with your name.

Welcome.

What made you choose to join our little corner of the web?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
25-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Another one and done. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
25-02-2016, 06:06 PM
Farewell. We hardly knew thee. Drinking Beverage

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post