Hi!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Hi!
Hi, I'm Lunablu. I'm from south-central Indiana. Around age 12, I was agnostic with atheistic leanings and by the time I was 22, totally atheist in my views on religion. It was a lot of studying and "soul searching" that brought me to atheism.
I find it heartening that, at 52, there is a lot more openness about being atheist/non-religious, but there's still a long way to go.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Lunablu's post
12-05-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: Hi!
Lunablu... what a nice name.

Glad you can join this little group.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
12-05-2016, 01:01 PM
Hi. Welcome aboard!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
12-05-2016, 01:20 PM
Hello. ^^
12-05-2016, 01:32 PM
(12-05-2016 12:46 PM)Lunablu Wrote:  Hi, I'm Lunablu. I'm from south-central Indiana. Around age 12, I was agnostic with atheistic leanings and by the time I was 22, totally atheist in my views on religion. It was a lot of studying and "soul searching" that brought me to atheism.
I find it heartening that, at 52, there is a lot more openness about being atheist/non-religious, but there's still a long way to go.

Welcome. Shy

Your name makes me think of that song, Blue Moon. Big Grin

12-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Welcome!
12-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Glad you could make it, Lunablu. All different kinds of godless here.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
17-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the welcome!!! It's nice to have a community where you can be open in what you say and think. I can't really say I've lost many friends over my atheism, more a loss of their respect, and a gaining of their pity. I've had about 60% of my Facebook friends unfollow me and a few have deleted me. They don't hold with the view that social media is a great platform for social change, so my irreverent and political posts didn't sit too well with them. Well, that, and the fact that I have a hard time not pointing out bullshit and/or asking questions no one seems inclined to answer.
[+] 3 users Like Lunablu's post
17-05-2016, 11:37 AM
(17-05-2016 11:34 AM)Lunablu Wrote:  Thanks for the welcome!!! It's nice to have a community where you can be open in what you say and think. I can't really say I've lost many friends over my atheism, more a loss of their respect, and a gaining of their pity. I've had about 60% of my Facebook friends unfollow me and a few have deleted me. They don't hold with the view that social media is a great platform for social change, so my irreverent and political posts didn't sit too well with them. Well, that, and the fact that I have a hard time not pointing out bullshit and/or asking questions no one seems inclined to answer.

Welcome and carry on with irreverence. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Hello! Big Grin

Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post