Hi!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2016, 01:18 PM
RE: Hi!!
Welcome.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
22-08-2016, 02:08 PM
Welcome, buddy. It can be dangerous to be an atheist in Oklahoma... I lived in OKC for one year, and had to jump off my motorcycle to have a fistfight (literally) in traffic because I laughed at a guy's bumper sticker that read, "I believe in the Big Bang: God spoke and BANG! it happened."

However, if you're in the OKC area, there's an excellent group of people who used to meet in the Paseo District. I recommend you seek them out for support and community. I had some great times with them-- good people.

There's also a group in Norman and in Tulsa, as well.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
22-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Welcome to the forum.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
22-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Welcome!
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
24-08-2016, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2016 04:33 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(22-08-2016 02:08 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Welcome, buddy. It can be dangerous to be an atheist in Oklahoma... I lived in OKC for one year, and had to jump off my motorcycle to have a fistfight (literally) in traffic because I laughed at a guy's bumper sticker that read, "I believe in the Big Bang: God spoke and BANG! it happened."

However, if you're in the OKC area, there's an excellent group of people who used to meet in the Paseo District. I recommend you seek them out for support and community. I had some great times with them-- good people.

edit:

I don't want to derail this new members intro. so I deleted what I wrote. please ignore this post.
25-08-2016, 10:37 PM
(22-08-2016 09:54 AM)JL11 Wrote:  Haven't come out to anyone basically and don't know if I will to my family (I am divorced). Don't know if I will. They would be devastated and I don't want to cause unnecessary pain and anguish for them.

Hi! It's so hard when everyone you know is a Christian. Most of my friends are Christian, so I am keeping on the down low. I know how it is. You want to be honest, but you are afraid of being rejected. Darn it, it should not be this way, but it is. We are here for you.
[+] 1 user Likes Exfundy's post
27-08-2016, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the forums.
27-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Welcome to TTA. Tis a silly place. A mystical world of logic and reason. Please don't feed the Trolls and enjoy the ride.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
29-08-2016, 03:04 AM
(24-08-2016 04:29 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 02:08 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Welcome, buddy. It can be dangerous to be an atheist in Oklahoma... I lived in OKC for one year, and had to jump off my motorcycle to have a fistfight (literally) in traffic because I laughed at a guy's bumper sticker that read, "I believe in the Big Bang: God spoke and BANG! it happened."

edit:

I don't want to derail this new members intro. so I deleted what I wrote. please ignore this post.

HJ, I'm impressed by your common sense and taste. Maybe being here is starting to turn you into a human being.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2016, 05:15 AM
Greetings!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky