RE: Hi
Hello! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
21-03-2017, 11:32 PM
Quote:I'm here for anyone who wants to ask me any questions

Oh, sure. I've been waiting for you to show up to answer my questions.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
22-03-2017, 12:00 AM
(21-03-2017 03:55 PM)alyssa2017 Wrote:  Hi, my name is Alyssa. I'm going to be honest and say that I am a devoted Christian. However, I don't plan on converting anyone, calling anyone out because they don't believe, or being mean. I love and accept everyone for who they are. I'm here for anyone who wants to ask me any questions, and I hope to learn more about why you don't believe. Either way, I'll probably more of an observer than anything. Anyway, I guess that's it. Smile

Welcome Smile Um. Be prepared for a fair amount of bad language and so forth - being a faithless dog is really rather freeing of the tongue Tongue If you can look past that, and the odd sarcastic remark, you'll do well here Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
22-03-2017, 01:00 AM
Hi there! Welcome to the forum Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
22-03-2017, 01:09 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2017 06:38 AM by Deesse23.)
(21-03-2017 03:55 PM)alyssa2017 Wrote:  I'm here for anyone who wants to ask me any questions, and I hope to learn more about why you don't believe.

I dont believe (in gods or the supernatural in general?) because i dont see a good reason for this.
Why do you believe if i may ask in return?

Edit: please do so in an new thread

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
22-03-2017, 01:32 AM
I don't even know what it is I'm meant to be assessing as very few people coherently define it. When they do, it's different for each person. If they get that far, it's generally unfalsifiable, so there can't even be any evidence which could support the claim.

Beyond all that, I don't care about any "God", it's irrelevant to me.

If you'd like to answer one of my questions, I have a topic here Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
22-03-2017, 04:00 AM
Welcome!

The best Christians are the ones, like yourself, who believe what they believe, don't force it on anybody else and use the bible teachings in a positive manner.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
22-03-2017, 05:25 AM
Welcome.

A reminder: this is the introductions thread. To discuss beliefs in more depth or express opinions of said belief, please post in a different section.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
22-03-2017, 05:46 AM
Howdy! Welcome to the forums!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
22-03-2017, 06:20 AM
Welcome and good luck, be aware that we have considerable freedom here, so expect to encounter some robust language and mockery of religion at times. If you don't proselytize and have an open mind you'll do fine here and make good friends.
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post