RE: Hi
welcome.
Remember this is the intro thread, peeps Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
22-03-2017, 08:47 AM
(22-03-2017 08:04 AM)skyking Wrote:  welcome.
Remember this is the intro thread, peeps Smile

Hallelujah amen.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-03-2017, 09:47 AM
G'day mate, and welcome. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
22-03-2017, 12:57 PM
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
22-03-2017, 01:52 PM
Hi Alyssa2017, good to have you here. Shy

We are a global community so, you're certain to encounter a variety of perspective in the discussions. Observing is good but don't hesitate to join in - discovery is a process for everyone.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
22-03-2017, 02:44 PM
(21-03-2017 03:55 PM)alyssa2017 Wrote:  Hi, my name is Alyssa. I'm going to be honest and say that I am a devoted Christian. However, I don't plan on converting anyone, calling anyone out because they don't believe, or being mean. I love and accept everyone for who they are. I'm here for anyone who wants to ask me any questions, and I hope to learn more about why you don't believe. Either way, I'll probably more of an observer than anything. Anyway, I guess that's it. Smile

Hi Alyssa. Welcome to the forum. If you don't mind me asking, what brings you to TTA? It's unusual for us to get Christian visitors who aren't here to convert the heathens. That alone makes you an odd duck. Thumbsup

A few tips that might make your stay more pleasant:

- Lurk. Get to know us a bit.
- Unless/Until you want to get into it, avoid the Atheism and Theism section. This forum is filled with sections that have precious little to do with atheism vs. theism.
- If you want a more or less civilized discussion on religion then one on one is probably your best bet. As a theist on an atheist forum you're likely to get mobbed otherwise.
- Ask rather than assume. We love being told that we're deluded atheists almost as much as I'm sure you enjoy being told that you're a deluded Christian.
- Don't preach. Sounds like you already have this one down, likely because you've noticed that this isn't a church. It's depressing how many don't get that.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
22-03-2017, 07:21 PM
(22-03-2017 02:44 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 03:55 PM)alyssa2017 Wrote:  Hi, my name is Alyssa. I'm going to be honest and say that I am a devoted Christian. However, I don't plan on converting anyone, calling anyone out because they don't believe, or being mean. I love and accept everyone for who they are. I'm here for anyone who wants to ask me any questions, and I hope to learn more about why you don't believe. Either way, I'll probably more of an observer than anything. Anyway, I guess that's it. Smile

Hi Alyssa. Welcome to the forum. If you don't mind me asking, what brings you to TTA? It's unusual for us to get Christian visitors who aren't here to convert the heathens. That alone makes you an odd duck. Thumbsup

I like Christians.

They taste just like chicken. Evil_monster

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
26-03-2017, 04:20 PM
Wow, I didn't expect to get this many responses! I think it's really nice. I'm sorry I can't answer all your questions here, since moderators suggest I should go to another thread for that. Thank you for the warm welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes alyssa2017's post
26-03-2017, 04:29 PM
(22-03-2017 02:44 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  

A few tips that might make your stay more pleasant:

- Lurk. Get to know us a bit.
- Unless/Until you want to get into it, avoid the Atheism and Theism section. This forum is filled with sections that have precious little to do with atheism vs. theism.
- If you want a more or less civilized discussion on religion then one on one is probably your best bet. As a theist on an atheist forum you're likely to get mobbed otherwise.
- Ask rather than assume. We love being told that we're deluded atheists almost as much as I'm sure you enjoy being told that you're a deluded Christian.
- Don't preach. Sounds like you already have this one down, likely because you've noticed that this isn't a church. It's depressing how many don't get that.

I think it's important for me (and other Christians) to have an open mind and heart no matter what we believe. Thank you for the great advice!