Hi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Hi
Hey, everyone. I'm 16 and I live in the United States. I became an atheist about 1 year ago. Both of my parents are fairly devout Catholics and I've been brought up as a Catholic my whole life. I attended Catholic elementary school where I almost never questioned the "truths" that were taught to me. I now attend a Catholic high school, and, ironically, the theology class I took last year on the history of the Church was what started the questioning that led me to where I am now. Since then I have been surprised to discover that a few of my friends at that school are also atheist or agnostic. Still, it will be refreshing to have a place to talk about my views more freely. I love thinking about, reading about, and discussing philosophy and hope to have some interesting discussions here!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ben's post
14-12-2011, 03:13 PM
RE: Hi
Welcome to you, Ben.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Hi Ben
Welcome to TTA
Have an insightful stay

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
14-12-2011, 04:17 PM
(14-12-2011 02:22 PM)Ben Wrote:  I now attend a Catholic high school, and, ironically, the theology class I took last year on the history of the Church was what started the questioning that led me to where I am now.

Ha - There is always a sense of truth in irony... or ... maybe a sense of irony in truth? Dodgy
Either one, I guess. Anyway...

Hi Ben - enjoy your time here.
Smile Welcome to the form.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the forums!
Irony is delightful.
Feel free to be yourself.
14-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Hey there, Ben. Hope you enjoy it here.