Hi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2012, 03:40 AM
Rainbow Hi
(I seem to be having trouble posting, so if I have said hi a few times sorry!!)
I am 31 from the uk, I was raised christian all my life, and have been in a family started home church for the last 6 years. I left late last year and am so pleased I did. My mum and sisters are now not interested in me despite my attempts to keep some kind of contact with them, but now I am leaving it as they dont want to be 'rescued'.
Reading the thinking atheist and watching other peoples experiences has shown me I made the right decision, I totally related to social suicide video. I left the church with the fear that bad stuff was going to happen to me in doing so. But so far, my life has gone from strength to strength filled with laughter and happiness!! Big Grin
My husband became atheist through the homechurch i was in, as a couple of others did too!! Says it all really.
I look forward to sharing experiences and reading of yours too Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes true2heart's post
05-07-2012, 04:43 AM
RE: Hi
Welcome Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-07-2012, 07:09 AM
Welcome!

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
05-07-2012, 07:15 AM
Hi, fellow Brit. What's a home church? Never heard of that before.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-07-2012, 07:28 AM
Welcome aboard. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
05-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Hi all, thanks for welcomes, DLJ we were a church begun at home. The church I was in is supposedly a new thing that god is doing, we are/were going to be a big thing and all big things start small! From what I gather a lot of churches start in a home and then they grow quite quickly and move to a building, our church is still in a home?! 6 years on!
05-07-2012, 07:57 AM
(05-07-2012 07:42 AM)true2heart Wrote:  Hi all, thanks for welcomes, DLJ we were a church begun at home. The church I was in is supposedly a new thing that god is doing, we are/were going to be a big thing and all big things start small! From what I gather a lot of churches start in a home and then they grow quite quickly and move to a building, our church is still in a home?! 6 years on!
Sounds kinda quaint, like... knit-yer-own-god

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
05-07-2012, 08:01 AM
(05-07-2012 07:42 AM)true2heart Wrote:  Hi all, thanks for welcomes, DLJ we were a church begun at home. The church I was in is supposedly a new thing that god is doing, we are/were going to be a big thing and all big things start small! From what I gather a lot of churches start in a home and then they grow quite quickly and move to a building, our church is still in a home?! 6 years on!

I've seen this here in the US. If they get enough folowers they end up with a strip mall storefront church.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
05-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Welcome to the forum! Also 31 myself and in the US. I had always thought that religious-types were more "in the closet" in the UK and atheists were more "in the closet" in the US. At least that's what I've gathered from TTA's podcasts with UK callers.
[+] 1 user Likes StatiK's post
05-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Welcome to the forums! I'm glad both you and your husband made it out together! Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post