Hi Everyone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2015, 06:14 AM
Hi Everyone
Consider My name for this forum is AfroAtheist, I am residing in Johannesburg, in South Africa. I am representing a very small number of freethinkers in my country, where religion is a norm. Hope to enjoy my stay with like-minded free thinkers from the world over
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2015, 06:35 AM
RE: Hi Everyone
Welcome!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
20-01-2015, 06:36 AM
BLACK ATHEISTS? Hey, where the hell do you think you are? In a sane world were we accept reality?(Note to self, did I think this or type it?)

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-01-2015, 06:39 AM
(20-01-2015 06:14 AM)AfroAtheist Wrote:  Consider My name for this forum is AfroAtheist, I am residing in Johannesburg, in South Africa. I am representing a very small number of freethinkers in my country, where religion is a norm. Hope to enjoy my stay with like-minded free thinkers from the world over

G'day and welcome to our humble forum.

I hope that you're stay is proves to be informative and enjoyable.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-01-2015, 06:57 AM
(20-01-2015 06:36 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  BLACK ATHEISTS? Hey, where the hell do you think you are? In a sane world were we accept reality?(Note to self, did I think this or type it?)

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

I beg your pardon? What the hell are you on about?
20-01-2015, 07:00 AM
Smile
(20-01-2015 06:39 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 06:14 AM)AfroAtheist Wrote:  Consider My name for this forum is AfroAtheist, I am residing in Johannesburg, in South Africa. I am representing a very small number of freethinkers in my country, where religion is a norm. Hope to enjoy my stay with like-minded free thinkers from the world over

G'day and welcome to our humble forum.

I hope that you're stay is proves to be informative and enjoyable.

Thanks Free Thought
20-01-2015, 07:01 AM
Hi, pleased to meet you and looking forward to hearing your POV on this forum.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
20-01-2015, 07:07 AM
(20-01-2015 06:35 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Welcome!

Thanks Evenheathen
20-01-2015, 07:09 AM
(20-01-2015 07:01 AM)gofish! Wrote:  Hi, pleased to meet you and looking forward to hearing your POV on this forum.

thanks gofish
20-01-2015, 07:56 AM
Welcome, I think you would make our third forum member from South Africa joining morondog and someone else who left.

Can’t say I’ve seen South Africa, did have a layover at the airport on my way to Kenya once.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce