Hi Everyone.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Hi Everyone.
Hello everyone, I wanted to join this forum to be around some like minded individuals and have conversations relating to religion or atheism; the area I live is predominately Christian, and I have a hard time relating to others because their religion is their life rather than a part of them.

I'm seventeen, and made the switch from Christian to Agnostic when I was around thirteen. After going into some personal religious/science study because I was feeling incredibly shaky on my beliefs, I have settled well as an Atheist.

Right now, I am in a situation where religion is making a massive negative impact on my life, which can sometimes cause distress even if we don't believe in what is being said in reference to those religions, and just need to read some similar ideas to feel less isolated in my thoughts.

Hope all of you are well, and I look forward to reading your posts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2015, 07:00 PM
RE: Hi Everyone.
Welcome!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-02-2015, 07:05 PM
Hi & welcome! Shy

Plenty of wonderful people here to talk to, if you're in need! Yes

24-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Welcome!

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
24-02-2015, 07:07 PM
Welcome!
24-02-2015, 07:18 PM
I like the name, you live in Florida?

Welcome to the Forum.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-02-2015, 12:03 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Awesome name! Welcome.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
26-02-2015, 05:43 PM
(24-02-2015 07:18 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I like the name, you live in Florida?

Welcome to the Forum.

No I live in NC, I'm just a fan of astronomy and meteorology. Thanks for the welcome!
26-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Welcome! Dive right in, friend!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta