Hi Everyone, I used to be Jewish

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2014, 02:49 AM
RE: Hi Everyone, I used to be Jewish
Thanks everyone for this warm welcome!

I suppose I'm lucky in that my wife told me from the day I met her that she's an atheist. I'd never said the exact words out loud, but had always told her that I don't want to be religious and didn't believe any of it.

Yesterday I finally said the words "I am an atheist" to her. She looked relieved! She told me that was concerned that when I told her that I wanted to discuss my agnosticism with her, that I was going to go the other way and tell her that I believe in god!

Today's step is to tell one member of my family who I feel is the most capable of rational thought, who won't judge me, and most importantly can keep a secret.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2014, 07:39 AM
(17-09-2014 02:49 AM)coppertable Wrote:  ...

Today's step is to tell one member of my family who I feel is the most capable of rational thought, who won't judge me, and most importantly can keep a secret.

Good luck with it.

Remember that the trick is to demonstrate that you have changed your beliefs... not that your beliefs have changed you.

Wink

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Well, I think I was blunt enough that my message was put across.

So far there have been no tears and my sister is still talking to me. I'll count that as a success Smile
[+] 1 user Likes coppertable's post