Hi Fellow Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2016, 02:30 PM
RE: Hi Fellow Atheists
(13-09-2016 02:24 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 02:20 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Since this one is not generally worth the time, I've been meaning to ask you if you are familiar with the late 19th century polish actress Helena Modrzejewska (aka Helena Modjeska). I'm curious if she is still well known in Poland.

I'm not familiar with her nor I can say anything about her popularity or lack of it.

I'm curious though, why you ask. Some alusion perhaps? Or just curiosity?

You live in Poland, right? I've had a number of Polish people tell me that she is still well known but I suspect it might be a self-selecting sample since they are people seeking information about her. I just figured it would be another data point. No allusion to anything - I've given up on the troll until it decides to stop playing stupid games and be honest.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2016, 09:14 PM
(13-09-2016 02:30 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 02:24 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I'm not familiar with her nor I can say anything about her popularity or lack of it.

I'm curious though, why you ask. Some alusion perhaps? Or just curiosity?

You live in Poland, right? I've had a number of Polish people tell me that she is still well known but I suspect it might be a self-selecting sample since they are people seeking information about her. I just figured it would be another data point.

Yes, I live in Poland. As for her - maybe she is popular with older generation? Or with people more interested in movies than I?

Quote: No allusion to anything - I've given up on the troll until it decides to stop playing stupid games and be honest.

It won't stop.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-09-2016, 04:59 AM
(13-09-2016 09:14 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 02:30 PM)unfogged Wrote:  You live in Poland, right? I've had a number of Polish people tell me that she is still well known but I suspect it might be a self-selecting sample since they are people seeking information about her. I just figured it would be another data point.

Yes, I live in Poland. As for her - maybe she is popular with older generation? Or with people more interested in movies than I?

Quote: No allusion to anything - I've given up on the troll until it decides to stop playing stupid games and be honest.

It won't stop.

Wow you have the personality of a centipede. Fascinating stuff.
14-09-2016, 05:59 AM
(13-09-2016 09:14 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 02:30 PM)unfogged Wrote:  You live in Poland, right? I've had a number of Polish people tell me that she is still well known but I suspect it might be a self-selecting sample since they are people seeking information about her. I just figured it would be another data point.

She was a stage actress before movies were a thing but I appreciate the information. I got the impression from others that she was very well known in general and just wanted to test that conjecture.

14-09-2016, 06:06 AM
Speaking of Poles, did you know that the bullet-proof vest was invested by Kazimierz Żegleń with Jan Szczepanik?

[Image: Testing_bulletproof_vest_1923-1024x834.jpg]

I would not want to be the guy on the left, you know, the product test supervisor.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-09-2016, 06:09 AM
(14-09-2016 06:06 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Speaking of Poles, did you know that the bullet-proof vest was invested by Kazimierz Żegleń with Jan Szczepanik?

I would not want to be the guy on the left, you know, the product test supervisor.

The guy on the left is NOT the supervisor. The supervisor is out of frame on the right.
Drinking Beverage

14-09-2016, 11:56 AM
(14-09-2016 06:09 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 06:06 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Speaking of Poles, did you know that the bullet-proof vest was invested by Kazimierz Żegleń with Jan Szczepanik?

The guy on the left is NOT the supervisor. The supervisor is out of frame on the right.
Drinking Beverage

Not so. The guy on the left IS the product supervisor, he is now standing where the product test engineer was standing a few minutes ago. He is now behind the bike in the tall grass. Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-09-2016, 11:56 AM
(14-09-2016 04:59 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 09:14 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Yes, I live in Poland. As for her - maybe she is popular with older generation? Or with people more interested in movies than I?

It won't stop.

Wow you have the personality of a centipede. Fascinating stuff.
Your insults are as weak as your trolling.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-09-2016, 12:00 PM
(14-09-2016 05:59 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 09:14 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Yes, I live in Poland. As for her - maybe she is popular with older generation? Or with people more interested in movies than I?

She was a stage actress before movies were a thing but I appreciate the information. I got the impression from others that she was very well known in general and just wanted to test that conjecture.

It's possible that she is well known but I'm not really interested in plays and theatre in general.

Don't know if it's question for me but I knew this. Surprisingly I found this info in some polish fantasy book written by Andrzej Pilipiuk if I recall correctly.

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-09-2016, 12:14 PM
(14-09-2016 11:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 06:09 AM)unfogged Wrote:  The guy on the left is NOT the supervisor. The supervisor is out of frame on the right.
Drinking Beverage

Not so. The guy on the left IS the product supervisor, he is now standing where the product test engineer was standing a few minutes ago. He is now behind the bike in the tall grass. Yes

Is that a grassy knoll? Consider