Hi Friends! - My story

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Hi Friends! - My story
Hi,

I am here just like most people, looking for support and an open ear to talk too! I was raised Baptist, but never enjoyed it. Agnostic until my world religion class and a mixture of "Letter to a Christian Nation" by Sam Harris. I am now a proud atheist but often feel alone. My Girlfriend is a "tell it on the mountain" christian, my family are all believers, my house is surrounded by churches, even my best friend believes. I feel like the insane asylum broke out and started a community around me.

Perhaps I'll find solace here. Talk to you all soon!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2013, 07:57 AM
RE: Hi Friends! - My story
(18-02-2013 05:49 PM)zellerscrossing Wrote:  Hi,

I am here just like most people, looking for support and an open ear to talk too! I was raised Baptist, but never enjoyed it. Agnostic until my world religion class and a mixture of "Letter to a Christian Nation" by Sam Harris. I am now a proud atheist but often feel alone. My Girlfriend is a "tell it on the mountain" christian, my family are all believers, my house is surrounded by churches, even my best friend believes. I feel like the insane asylum broke out and started a community around me.

Perhaps I'll find solace here. Talk to you all soon
Hey,
I sure you found the right community here. Welcome to the forumand enjoy the time here

Raise the doubt and don't be shy to ask questions. There are no stupid questions Thumbsup
19-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Welcome aboard. Smile

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
20-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Welcome. Glad to have you here.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
20-02-2013, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2013 12:29 PM by kim.)
(18-02-2013 05:49 PM)zellerscrossing Wrote:  I feel like the insane asylum broke out and started a community around me.

Nah... you just broke out of the insane asylum around you and you are looking for a community in "reality".

Smile Welcome to the forum.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.