Hi, Hello, How are ya?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2014, 10:28 AM
Hi, Hello, How are ya?
Hi Smile

I'm new but I'm not new, I've been a member for over a month and just now asserting myself to say hello. I've been reading, taking in all of the copious amounts of information that can be found on this forum. I can be a bit overwhelming yet exciting to find such information at your fingertips.

I don't have the de-conversion stories like many others, my religious background wasn't quite as heavily indoctrinated as some. Religion was there, I heard all the bible stories, went to Catholic church for a time, was baptized Catholic but I can not quote you much scripture. I can still remember most of the rosary and other tid-bits but most has fallen away through time.

I enjoy learning and evolving with the knowledge that I accumulate. Art History was quite possibly my turning point when I was in college that made me question many things concerning religion. I have recently had a renewed interest in human evolution, early cultural civilizations and history and always an ongoing love of art and art history as well as religious history (for knowledge sake not for belief sake) and a new interest in the concept of morality/ethics without religion and philosophy.

It takes me a while to warm up to conversations as my knowledge base is still quite in the beginning state, but to get somewhere you have to begin. The information I have found here I have been enjoying quite immensely so I look forward to future conversations.

See you in the threads Cool

I tend to ask random questions, sometime stupid ones, but I can almost guarantee I'm smarter for asking than not.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Kemasyn's post
13-08-2014, 10:41 AM
RE: Hi, Hello, How are ya?
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
13-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Welcome to TTA.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
13-08-2014, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2014 12:31 PM by TheInquisition.)
(13-08-2014 10:28 AM)Kemasyn Wrote:  Hi Smile

I'm new but I'm not new, I've been a member for over a month and just now asserting myself to say hello. I've been reading, taking in all of the copious amounts of information that can be found on this forum. I can be a bit overwhelming yet exciting to find such information at your fingertips.

I don't have the de-conversion stories like many others, my religious background wasn't quite as heavily indoctrinated as some. Religion was there, I heard all the bible stories, went to Catholic church for a time, was baptized Catholic but I can not quote you much scripture. I can still remember most of the rosary and other tid-bits but most has fallen away through time.

I enjoy learning and evolving with the knowledge that I accumulate. Art History was quite possibly my turning point when I was in college that made me question many things concerning religion. I have recently had a renewed interest in human evolution, early cultural civilizations and history and always an ongoing love of art and art history as well as religious history (for knowledge sake not for belief sake) and a new interest in the concept of morality/ethics without religion and philosophy.

It takes me a while to warm up to conversations as my knowledge base is still quite in the beginning state, but to get somewhere you have to begin. The information I have found here I have been enjoying quite immensely so I look forward to future conversations.

See you in the threads Cool

Hey, I know you! Heart Welcome!

Here's your welcome chocolate:
[Image: chocolate-lasagna-4.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
13-08-2014, 01:01 PM
(13-08-2014 12:25 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  [

Hey, I know you! Heart Welcome!

Here's your welcome chocolate:
[Image: chocolate-lasagna-4.jpg]

Hey I know you too!! Heart Yay welcome chocolate! You know me so well Wink

I tend to ask random questions, sometime stupid ones, but I can almost guarantee I'm smarter for asking than not.
[+] 1 user Likes Kemasyn's post