Hi, I am a noob here. Also, I really need some help...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2012, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2012 04:40 PM by Jedah.)
Sad Hi, I am a noob here. Also, I really need some help...
Hello everyone
I cannot describe the joy with my poor English ability when I find this community at this moment of my life.
I am a Taiwanese who just arrive Canada for my 1 year working holiday plan. For some reason I have to go to Christian Church every sunday with my landlord for about 1 month already. I must say that as a well-educated, truth-loving, and mentally healthy human being, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MOREEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is there any similar community or gathering near Vancouver, BC, Canada? Please let me know cuz I really need some spiritual guide and communicate with people who talk in sense. I hope I can improve my English ability for this sort of academic discussion, which I dare not to do it in a CHURCH. As a financially difficult backpacker, I can't afford any financial donation. However, I am willing to provide my skills & knowledges. I have TCSL (Teaching Chinese as Second Language) certificate and over 2 years experience as tutor.
Please save me from the followers of God!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2012, 04:41 PM
RE: Hi, I am a noob here. Also, I really need some help...
Welcome... I can give you a couple of options: Kill your landlord or burn the church. There is literally NO other thing to do. Tongue

Would your landlord not understand if you said you weren't Christian?

[Image: opforum1.png]
30-04-2012, 04:53 PM
(30-04-2012 04:41 PM)frankiej Wrote:  Welcome... I can give you a couple of options: Kill your landlord or burn the church. There is literally NO other thing to do. Tongue

Would your landlord not understand if you said you weren't Christian?

Tks...
but right now I prefer to find some allies to practice my English for court debate in the future... Evil_monster

Life is too important to be taken seriously.
- Oscar Wilde
[+] 3 users Like Jedah's post
30-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Why do you have to go to church with the landlord; was that part of your rental agreement or something? That would be very strange.

I'm not local there, so I don't have any suggestions other than stick with us here and keep your wits about you! Thumbsup
30-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Hey Jedah,
Welcome! Sounds like a pretty painful experience for you!
Now that you've gone for a month, perhaps you can tell them you appreciate their concern and interest in inviting you to church, but that you have already thought about this quite a bit and don't feel that Church has any relevancy to your life and you would prefer to use the time to study. Perhaps even make some appointments to study with other students on Sunday mornings. If you have something else going on at that time, they will feel less insulted that you don't want to go to church with them.

Just a thought.

Otherwise, I hope this community can be a source of encouragement to you!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
30-04-2012, 05:04 PM
(30-04-2012 04:55 PM)kineo Wrote:  Why do you have to go to church with the landlord; was that part of your rental agreement or something? That would be very strange.

I'm not local there, so I don't have any suggestions other than stick with us here and keep your wits about you! Thumbsup
Not a rental agreement, it's just a ...(sigh)... let's just say a "strategy" for bargain.
There are other reason except for bargaining also......Long story...

- Oscar Wilde
30-04-2012, 05:05 PM
(30-04-2012 05:04 PM)Jedah Wrote:  
(30-04-2012 04:55 PM)kineo Wrote:  Why do you have to go to church with the landlord; was that part of your rental agreement or something? That would be very strange.

Not a rental agreement, it's just a ...(sigh)... let's just say a "strategy" for bargain.
There are other reason except for bargaining also......Long story...
Ok- well in any case, welcome to the forums, glad to have you!
30-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Well, welcome to the forum, and more so, welcome to Canada.

I'm in Abbotsford right now, not too far from Vancouver. I live in the bible belt. I feel your pain. Unfortunately where I am there aren't any groups that meet up for anything other than church or to organize some less legal crime.

However I located this group on Meetup.com . Give them a shot.

Vancouver is a huge place, seedy, but huge. I'm sure you can find someone that doesn't believe. Just stay off of Hastings.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-04-2012, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2012 05:15 PM by Jedah.)
Thanks everyone
BTW how do I delete my mis-post? I just find that I cant delete my mis-post...

- Oscar Wilde
30-04-2012, 05:09 PM
(30-04-2012 05:07 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Just stay off of Hastings.
Lol...well he could find plenty of atheists there...as long as he avoids the Soup Kitchens. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post