Hi, I am a noob here. Also, I really need some help...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2012, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2012 11:34 PM by Jedah.)
RE: Hi, I am a noob here. Also, I really need some help...
(30-04-2012 09:56 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  That sucks. If you can't tell your whole story it's kind of hard to give advice then, like why exactly you have to go to church (you say it's not in your rental agreement and that you know by Canadian law you don't have to). Still, good luck!
OK, I will try to explain this with my poor English capability.

My landlord is divorced recently. He had 2 kids during that marriage (should I use "has" or "had" here?). Now he can only visit and take them outdoor once a week on Sunday. The schedule is : 1. pick them up from mommy's home ; 2. go to church ; 3. lunch, shopping, go to parks or playground, etc...
As a tutor, I have never ever taken ANY cases under age of 16 simply because I hate to be a nanny. However, these 2 kids are REALLY good. I really enjoy to be with them and make them happy.

Getting up at 7am. Sunday and being bombarded by tons of horrible bullshits for 3 hours is a fair exchange.

Life is too important to be taken seriously.
- Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2012, 11:33 PM
"He had two kids during that marriage." is right. If you use has it would be "He has two children from his previous marriage."

So I understand now. Your tutoring job is WITH your landlord for the kids on Sunday, with church included in there.

I see two options.

You can suck it up and go, and try to use church time as understanding english a little better. Or, you can make plans like I suggested for in the mornings and then meet them for lunch and the rest of the afternoon.

I'm thinking a year here in Canada doing this every Sunday might get hard, if this were me I'd be working towards meeting them for the afternoons.
30-04-2012, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 12:30 AM by Jedah.)
(30-04-2012 11:33 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  "He had two kids during that marriage." is right. If you use has it would be "He has two children from his previous marriage."

So I understand now. Your tutoring job is WITH your landlord for the kids on Sunday, with church included in there.

I see two options.

You can suck it up and go, and try to use church time as understanding english a little better. Or, you can make plans like I suggested for in the mornings and then meet them for lunch and the rest of the afternoon.

I'm thinking a year here in Canada doing this every Sunday might get hard, if this were me I'd be working towards meeting them for the afternoons.
1. No, this is not a "tutoring job" ("job" means you get pay for it, right?). It's more similar to "volunteer".
2. It's impossible to meet them after anything since their dad drive them everywhere. (I don't have and cant drive car here)

Yes I guess I must suck it up. At least I can discuss those bullshits I heard with you guys here.

During yesterday's "worship" activity, a fanatic preacher said that "Christianity is no longer a mainstream culture. Christians are oppressed and suffering. We are not even allow to build church on city centre......"blah blah blah...

Mother of mercy, thanks God that your followers are not "mainstream"...but wait...What the hell with Easter & Christmas then????? Arent them national holidays???

Life is too important to be taken seriously.
- Oscar Wilde
[+] 3 users Like Jedah's post