Hi, I'll explain my story.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2011, 07:50 PM
RE: Hi, I'll explain my story.
(14-12-2011 07:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Ironic use of New Testament imagery. Big Grin

We really need an irony smiley face. Rolleyes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-12-2011, 07:51 PM
(14-12-2011 07:49 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Hey welcome! ..

... I'm a bit of an asshole but .. well to be honest I'm not sure what this community thinks of me.. maybe they are scared.. who knows.... but good story.... your amongst a good group here.

Nah, you're cool. And, that's the resident Christian saying that.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
14-12-2011, 07:55 PM
(14-12-2011 07:51 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(14-12-2011 07:49 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Hey welcome! ..

... I'm a bit of an asshole but .. well to be honest I'm not sure what this community thinks of me.. maybe they are scared.. who knows.... but good story.... your amongst a good group here.

Nah, you're cool. And, that's the resident Christian saying that.

i'm about 50/50 .. depends on how much i've been drinking ... when i'm sober i make coherant replies and discussion.. when i'm drunk... all the words that God finds sinful come shootin' out.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
14-12-2011, 08:27 PM
(14-12-2011 07:55 PM)ddrew Wrote:  i'm about 50/50 .. depends on how much i've been drinking ... when i'm sober i make coherant replies and discussion.. when i'm drunk... all the words that God finds sinful come shootin' out.

Maybe drunk isn't doing you any favors.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2011, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2011 08:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-12-2011 07:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-12-2011 07:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Ironic use of New Testament imagery. Big Grin

We really need an irony smiley face. Rolleyes

؟ works for me.

(14-12-2011 08:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-12-2011 07:55 PM)ddrew Wrote:  i'm about 50/50 .. depends on how much i've been drinking ... when i'm sober i make coherant replies and discussion.. when i'm drunk... all the words that God finds sinful come shootin' out.

I'll go for his knees ddrew, you knock him down, we'll get FSM_scot to cuff him, and we'll let Hamata K crucify him. ... I mean that's just fucking blasphemous. Goddam infidel.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-12-2011, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2011 08:49 PM by ddrew.)

your right it's not .. but i do it anyhow... *shrugs*
(14-12-2011 08:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I'll go for his knees ddrew, you knock him down, we'll get FSM_scot to cuff him, and we'll let Hamata K crucify him. ... I mean that's just fucking blasphemous. Goddam infidel.

*ppssfffttt.!!* sound of the next beer bottle opening...

you can see the deep concern in my actions of the lack of any favors drunk is doing for me....

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
14-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Welcome Smile
14-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Thank you all for welcoming me. I find it hard to discuss things like this with most people because I live in in the bible belt,East Texas to be exact. Most people where I live would think you're some kind of bad example for others if you don't believe in The Bible. I remember when I was in the fifth grade my class had some kind of mini test asking us to name four mammals(i really don't remember the exact details).One of my classmates wrote down humans as a mammal species and my teacher made her erase it. She said she didn't believe that to be true and the girl would get a low score if she didn't erase it. Kind of crazy I think.
15-12-2011, 05:43 AM
I really do feel for you dude, If your father's side of the family had any proper understanding of Christianity, I'm sure they would not judge you for your beliefs. Saying such things as going to Hell if you don't "tow the party line" is seriously disturbing. The reason I'm an Atheist, is because I don't follow the rules blindly and I don't like being told what to think and do! Unfortunately you can't argue with circular belief systems, that's why debating with Creationists is like talking with a monkey [sorry cousins!] The only thing I can suggest is to stay strong in your beliefs, research the facts by reading from good sources. e.g Harris, Dennett, Ehrman and Dawkins [science bits] I wish you the very best!
15-12-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm a fan of big cat myself.

[Image: 427_Coolface.png]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain