Hi I'm Jaki :3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Rainbow Hi I'm Jaki :3
I use to be a Jehovah Witness. My whole family is in this religion. But at the age of 16 I left the religion because of deep problems that are beyond belief. If you know anything about the religion you would know that after they "shun you" your family no longer talks to you. At 17 I stumbled upon a video from the thinking atheist and since then I am what i am now. I hate religion because it ruins good people. My mom had a had time accepting me as an atheist. I told her i rather believe in fact then in a man opinions. I hate religion because it destroyed my life but here i am picking up the pieces but I'm happy because no longer to i have to ignore my true feelings when it comes to life and religion and god.
Anyways I'm Jaquelyn and I'm 18.
^_^
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Ducky_Van_Octi's post
09-02-2012, 05:02 PM
RE: Hi I'm Jaki :3
An ex JW!

Yay!

Welcome to TTA
Have an insightful stay

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
09-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Hi and welcome.

I hope you enjoy your time here Smile

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
09-02-2012, 05:15 PM
(09-02-2012 04:57 PM)Ducky_Van_Octi Wrote:  I use to be a Jehovah Witness. My whole family is in this religion. But at the age of 16 I left the religion because of deep problems that are beyond belief. If you know anything about the religion you would know that after they "shun you" your family no longer talks to you. At 17 I stumbled upon a video from the thinking atheist and since then I am what i am now. I hate religion because it ruins good people. My mom had a had time accepting me as an atheist. I told her i rather believe in fact then in a man opinions. I hate religion because it destroyed my life but here i am picking up the pieces but I'm happy because no longer to i have to ignore my true feelings when it comes to life and religion and god.
^_^

You're our first ex-JW that I'm aware of (now I've said that there's gonna be a million posts pointing out all the ex-JW's Big Grin).

So did you do the whole going door to door thing? I get that quite often round here.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
09-02-2012, 05:20 PM
(09-02-2012 05:15 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(09-02-2012 04:57 PM)Ducky_Van_Octi Wrote:  I use to be a Jehovah Witness. My whole family is in this religion. But at the age of 16 I left the religion because of deep problems that are beyond belief. If you know anything about the religion you would know that after they "shun you" your family no longer talks to you. At 17 I stumbled upon a video from the thinking atheist and since then I am what i am now. I hate religion because it ruins good people. My mom had a had time accepting me as an atheist. I told her i rather believe in fact then in a man opinions. I hate religion because it destroyed my life but here i am picking up the pieces but I'm happy because no longer to i have to ignore my true feelings when it comes to life and religion and god.
^_^

You're our first ex-JW that I'm aware of (now I've said that there's gonna be a million posts pointing out all the ex-JW's Big Grin).

So did you do the whole going door to door thing? I get that quite often round here.
yes i did. i hated it. i went to a Spanish JW church so i would go mostly to the bad parts of the city. At 12 i was flashed a man got mad at me and open the door naked and told me never to come again (in Spanish). I hated it i would get doors slammed in my face and yelled at.
09-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Glad you managed to escape that trap. we've had I think 3 ex witnesses on the forum, can't remember names currently. I'm also glad to hear that it sounds like you still get to talk with your mom. Are you still living at home or did you have to move out? Now that you're out of it things should become a lot simpler. That religion is excessively complicating and scary. I hope you have a stable living arrangement, and some friends outside of the church.

It's been around 2 years so I'm guessing you've sorted out a lot of the immediate problems. welcome to the forum this should be a good place to talk out anything that gets in the way. When you've lived through a trauma something always comes back. Talking it out is a great thing to be able to do.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
09-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Welcome to the TTA boards! I'm glad that you made it out of there! Lots of us share a similar history of being indoctrinated into religion at a young age and dragging ourselves out. You're not alone in that!

I was in a program called Master's Commission that was modeled after the Mormon requirement for a year or two of service after high school. While I had a lot of memorable and great experiences, I can also understand the insanity you encounter.

I hope you find this place rewarding and enlightening! Big Grin
09-02-2012, 05:40 PM
(09-02-2012 05:20 PM)Ducky_Van_Octi Wrote:  yes i did. i hated it. i went to a Spanish JW church so i would go mostly to the bad parts of the city. At 12 i was flashed a man got mad at me and open the door naked and told me never to come again (in Spanish). I hated it i would get doors slammed in my face and yelled at.

Yeah that's one of the things I really hate about religion and JW's seem to be particularly bad for it, forcing their kids to adhere to strict/ridiculous doctrine. I kinda think that if someone wants to waste a day knocking on doors knowing most people will probably be pretty pissed off at them then that's their choice but they shouldn't make their kids go through it too.

I've worked in a primary school for the past four years and we've had a few pupils who were JW's and I always feel bad for them. When it's Christmas all the other kids get to play games and have parties instead of lessons while they have to sit in the corridor and do work on their own, and if it's another kids birthday and they bring in sweets for everyone they aren't allowed any. I know it's only little things but it seems a little cruel to me.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
09-02-2012, 05:43 PM
(09-02-2012 05:31 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Glad you managed to escape that trap. we've had I think 3 ex witnesses on the forum, can't remember names currently. I'm also glad to hear that it sounds like you still get to talk with your mom. Are you still living at home or did you have to move out? Now that you're out of it things should become a lot simpler. That religion is excessively complicating and scary. I hope you have a stable living arrangement, and some friends outside of the church.

It's been around 2 years so I'm guessing you've sorted out a lot of the immediate problems. welcome to the forum this should be a good place to talk out anything that gets in the way. When you've lived through a trauma something always comes back. Talking it out is a great thing to be able to do.

I still love with my mom. She does still talk to me. And you would think 2 years would make things better but the people in the religion r stalkers n creeps.
09-02-2012, 05:56 PM
I know that they'll be trying to get you back any way that they can. I'm just talking about you though. JW is one of those religions where people who leave sometimes get abducted and reeducated. You can get online though So I figured it wasn't going that far yet. You live with just your mom? I hope she doesn't enable them to bother you. I've known some friends whose parents helped the church seriously invade their privacy for leaving.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.